GoFundMe for my daughter and 2 grandchildren. (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

The above gofundme link is in regard to the post that I made in the this thread, which I've copied my original post below.

Thanks again for all of the thoughts, prayers and offers of financial support that resulted in the creation of this fundraiser. To those that donate, The Whitewing and Schaedel families will be forever grateful.

Edit: Since I have been asked several times, I am adding alternative donation options.
-You can click on the Donation 121239 button link in the bottom left of the header and use either paypal or stripe. Please add a note that it is for Sheena and the kids so I don't confuse it with SR contributions.

-You can use cashapp and send to $AndrusWhitewing

-You can send through mail to:

Andrus Whitewing
392 Highway 182,
Sunset, La. 70584

My son-in-law Scott (my daughter-Sheena's spouse) died suddenly in my home tonight, from what the coroner thinks was a massive coronary caused by a blood clot in his neck, but will have to confirm.

I had just gotten back from having a birthday dinner with my wife in Carencro. We stopped at Firehouse Subs and McDonalds and got Sheena and the grandkids some fast food on the way back home.

When we got home, I saw Scott, asked him if he wanted some McDonalds and he said he wasn't hungry. I then saw him walk towards his room. My daughter said that she had gone off to take a bath, and I went to my PC to update the news here.

Not that long thereafter my daughter runs into my office in a panic and says she can't wake Scott up. I ran into his room and began to shake him to try to wake him up, no response. I checked his pulse. No pulse! He was purple and not breathing. I immediately began CPR and Sheena called 911. We (my son Andre, Sheena and I) continued CPR while being coached online by the 911 respondent. The police showed up about 10 minutes later and helped with the CPR, then a few minutes later the EMT's showed up. They worked on Scott for 20 minutes... tried everything, and then called it. Just like that, he was gone.

A little later, Sheena told her daughter Arya of her fathers passing, and I think that I am more devastated by that than anything. Naturally it is extremely hard to see your daughter in so much pain, but young grand children? Devastating!

Scott was 43 years old, a big Saints fan, as you can imagine, and was seemingly in good health. He loved his 2 kids (5 year old daughter and 2.5 year old son, my grandchildren) dearly, and was a very good father to them, as well as he was a spouse to Sheena. .

For that, and many other reasons, I loved Scott, too! But I don't care about me here, I am deeply concerned about my daughter and grand children. Of course Sheena is devastated. Since Sheena is stricken with MS, is physically disabled, and really can't work, It looks like my wife will have to take care of them, which I am more than happy to do, but I am no spring chicken. What happens when we are gone?

My wife and I had moved them all back to our home in Louisiana from Colorado a few months back due to them struggling financially, and they simply couldn't make it up there. It wasn't for the lack of trying. Scott did his best. It just didn't work out. He had no insurance of any sort, and no money. I am just sitting here thinking about how to move forward. The downturn in the Oil business that started in late 2015, in addition to helping to keep Scott and Sheena afloat destroyed my wife and I financially, as we were both out of work for two years ourselves. So I don't know what to do here. The Melancon funeral home people left with his body about an hour ago, and I told them I would call them tomorrow to make the arrangements.

Anyone have any experience with this? Do funeral homes finance funerals?

Sorry, I am simply in shock and not thinking straight. So forgive me if I seem a bit off. There are a 1000 things going on in my mind at the moment. Naturally for something like this, I turn to the community. It seems most of my friends in life are rooted here.

Last edited:

The above gofundme link is in regard to the post that I made in the this thread, which I've copied my original post below.

Thanks again for all of the thoughts, prayers and offers of financial support that resulted in the creation of this fundraiser. To those that donate, The Whitewing and Schaedel families will be forever grateful.

Oh man, so sorry for your loss Andrus. I will keep you all in my prayers. As for donating, I would rather just send you a check so you get 100% rather than less than that because of the fees from gofundme. Let me know.

As a longtime, yet quiet subscriber, I’ll say anybody who’s every gotten joy out of this wonderful website needs to pony up. Now.

Thinking of your family, cherish your memories.

As a longtime, yet quiet subscriber, I’ll say anybody who’s every gotten joy out of this wonderful website needs to pony up. Now.

Thinking of your family, cherish your memories.

Yes indeed. This site has been a form of therapy, entertainment, and joy for me regarding Saints related and non Saints related content for many years. Please contribute and continue to show why Saints fans are the best in the world as supporters of the team and fellowship!

I'm very sorry for your loss Andrus. You've been such a tremendous resource for all of Who Dat Nation, and you're like family. I know my words can't help ease the pain, but just know that myself and the rest of WDN are here for you. If you need someone to talk to, just let me know. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I've shared out the GoFundMe on my YT channel to encourage everyone to pitch in with myself and those that have already donated. God bless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom