Going into the Draft, what do you feel are the position(s) that most need addressing? (1 Viewer)

Going into the Draft, what do you feel are the Position(s) that most need addressing?

• Total voters

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Going into the Draft, what do you feel are the position(s) that most need addressing?

cdcimcd1

Reaction score
DT & CB in that order. To make the defensive backs better you have to get pressure and stop the run. It starts up front.

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans
I voted for the usual suspects, and added OL...remember the trouble Brees, Reggie and Deuce were having early on? I don't know if that was a fluke or if 2006 was, so if a decent OL-man is available, I'd say take him. That's about the only offensive position I wouldn't mind seeing in round 1 (depending on who is available overall, of course).

RjunCajun

Practice Squad
Reaction score
How come there wasn't an option to select WR in this poll???

Marques is great, but after him we are kinda weak. Devery drops a ton of balls (most in league last year), Patten is good but can he stretch the field??? Copper?? Meachem - will he dress out this year??Lance Moore???

I know WR may not be our top concern, but it should be one of our concerns. If Colston goes down, where do we go??

SaintsFan83

BIG HARSHNESS
Reaction score
DT is by far the most important followed by a CB, a LB couldn't hurt, and a QB to develop as a backup and an eventual starter the sad day Drew hangs up his cleats.

RjunCajun

Practice Squad
Reaction score
dude...no way. I say CB followed by DT then OL then WR then QB. In that order.

snt4lfe

I's jus being rebellion.
Reaction score
Definitley DT, Linebacker, CB, Tight End, Safety, Backup QB in that order. I believe there could be a cornerback drafted in round 3 that could upgrade this defense because of the CB deep class. Adress the front seven first and build back.

FalconsHater

All-Pro
Reaction score
DT, CB, & LB.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Saints use a later draft pick on a top kicker like the guy from UGA, Brandon Catou (spell?). I still don't trust Gramatica that much. He's getting old.

fahad

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Major Need: DT, CB
Need: LB, S, OT, Back up QB
Upgrade: G, C, WR, TE, RB

Big Up Bush

Super Bowl Bound
Reaction score
What about WR?

WR, LB, CB. We need to bring in a tough, young linebacker and we need to bring in another tall receiver with hands to help Colston out. A big DT would be nice - or McFadden if he drops that far to us.

feoinfunroe

Reaction score
How come there wasn't an option to select WR in this poll???

Marques is great, but after him we are kinda weak. Devery drops a ton of balls (most in league last year), Patten is good but can he stretch the field??? Copper?? Meachem - will he dress out this year??Lance Moore???

I know WR may not be our top concern, but it should be one of our concerns. If Colston goes down, where do we go??

I was wondering that same thing. Plus, I wonder why more people didn't think about a kicker (yeah, I know, visions of Erxleben , but I don't mean in the first round, FCOL). Are there any kicking prospects in this draft? I really don't think we can stake a future on Marrr-teen or Mr. Mare-cle. Why wait until all we have to choose from are the dregs of has-beens and never-weres? Heck, the Great Dane was drafted in the fourth round...and we all know how that turned out... :happy0005:

Dean in L.A.

Subscribing Member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
cornerback is without a doubt the bigger need, having said that drafting in the 10 spot if we were able to get Ellis or Dorsey you HAVE to draft either man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom