going to disney for the first time: tips,tricks, advice please (1 Viewer)

Wasn't Disney World going to be built on the Northshore?

Go to the magic shop, get the lil retracting string, hook a dollar to it and you will have more fun sitting in line than you will on the ride itself. Not even almost joking omg. Hilarious seeing people and how they try to pick up a dollar :)

Check out It's Tough to Be a Bug in Animal Kingdom, the kiddies and the adults will enjoy it. If you get the quickdine plan, make it a point to stop at the Wolfgang Puck Express (there may be more than one, I just remember the one in Downtown Disney), its one of the few quickdines thats not fast food and it was actually delicious.

If you plan on eating at any of the sit-in down restaurants, as mentioned above, you have to make reservations well in advance - in addition, I'd check out real-life reviews of the restaurants, the 2 we ate at were terrible.

1.wear the best pair sneakers u have...lot of walkin

2.(mid week) plan a recover day away from the parks..... poolside, mall, or just sight seeing,

3. fastpass.... depending on the season not worth it....... lines still can be a 60 min wait

Should you get a fast pass during the offseason (September)? And is there any reason to get it if you are just going with one's preschooler? (I'm thinking the answer is no)

Should you get a fast pass during the offseason (September)? And is there any reason to get it if you are just going with one's preschooler? (I'm thinking the answer is no)

Yes. Fast Pass is always good. Even in September some rides like Toy Story Mania are going to have long waits. Heck, even if its only a 20 minute wait being able to walk right on with a FastPass is better at causes you to waste less time standing in line.

Get there early. If you're staying in a Disney Hotel, take advantage of Extra Magic Hours-where the park is open only to resort guests. We do this whenever we go and get to ride all the big rides(Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Rock N Roller Coaster, etc) with little to no wait, and, sometimes, get to ride it again right away. That way, during regular hours, we don't have to wait in the super long lines for those rides. That alone makes staying on the grounds worth it for us.

You are going at the right time though. September is one of the slowest times of the year there. Check to see if Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween is going on while you're there. It's a separate admission ticket, but it's fun for the kids. They get to go trick or treating all around the Magic Kingdom. We went before my oldest son started school and he had a blast. We feel kind of guilty now because he's in school now and we would like to take our youngest to the Halloween Party, but don't want to take our oldest out of school to go.

Anyway, have a good trip. Relax and enjoy yourself. I'm 41 and still enjoy going to Disney.

P.S. When you go to Epcot, "Drinking Around the World" is a must!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom