Going to my first Saints game Sunday... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Congrats! Hopefully we can get a win for your first one!

As for any advice, since it's your first, I'd suggest trying to get there as early as possible where you can soak in as much of the gameday atmosphere as you can. I'd definitely suggest experiencing Champions Square for a little while even if you're not a big fan of the music being played. Then on your way up the grand staircase, take a moment to see the Benson statue, then once up the steps go to the left towards the Smoothie King Center to see the Gleason statue.

If there's still an hour or so before kick-off once you're inside, I'd suggest visiting the Saints Hall-of-Fame museum and meet John Gilliam who'll be former player guest for this week, but be prepared there may be a line. The Saints Hall-of-Fame is located at Gate B. Also for reference, regardless of what gate is listed on your ticket, you can go in at any gate, A through H. The one listed on your ticket will just be the closest to your seats.

So if you'd like to try and do all these things and/or possibly more away from the Superdome, I'd suggest trying to arrive for at least 9 a.m. or so, then once you're done outside, the doors open at 10 a.m.

Hope you enjoy your first game! :)

jayd265

Fleur de LEE
Reaction score
we usually leave lafayette about 7am. arrive at the parking tower we always go to at lasalle/perdido, i wanna say it was $30 last year to park but you walk straight out the tower to champions square within 5 mins. but also, as good as it is at he beginning. it sucks leaving.

anyway, we always walk in champions square. maybe go see club XLIV. it was $10 to get in the last time but they gave you a "free" drink. so basically paying for the drink, can sit in the AC, check out some gameday tv. then walk to the dome. i wish we were going sunday!

Optimistic Ozzy

Bleeder of Black and Gold
Reaction score
Make sure you eat a good hearty meal fairly early so you can start pounding the beverages a little later.

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
OP
saintsfan4210

saintsfan4210

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How early would you enter the dome? Around 11?
If its your first time, I would go in that early. You can get some snacks, settle in your seats and watch the warm ups. I don't think you will be bored at all if its your first time in dome, I enjoy relaxing and watching the warm ups some times.

B-Train

The West Bank's Favorite Son
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Such a good time and great game day environment! Have fun... and remember that's where the Saints won the NFC Championship! Lot of history there, take it all in!

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
My first dome experience will be on Christmas eve, Bucs vs Saints.
I was lurking around this thread to try and get some info on parking.

When I got to New Orleans I always end up parking down near Jackson Square. It's just what I'm used to now, but would be pretty out of the way for a saints game.

I don't know what we'd be doing after, but is it realistic to get an uber from around that area over to the dome?

I'm sure you guys have your spots, any help would be great.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
My first dome experience will be on Christmas eve, Bucs vs Saints.
I was lurking around this thread to try and get some info on parking.

When I got to New Orleans I always end up parking down near Jefferson Square. It's just what I'm used to now, but would be pretty out of the way for a saints game.

I don't know what we'd be doing after, but is it realistic to get an uber from around that area over to the dome?

I'm sure you guys have your spots, any help would be great.
Where is Jefferson Square?

RiverRat

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Congrats!

$9 is steep for a beer, but the can doubles as a noise maker when banging it against the bottom of your seat, so it's kind of a steal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Any Saints Fans going to Vegas next weekend ? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
New Orleans Saints favored going into week one matchup hosting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
SystemShock Last drive of the game: if you are going to give up like that, just take knees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Taker597 We are going into a rebuild one way or another. Trade Lattimore in the off-season. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
Good news if you are going to Vegas this weekend! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 27
Covington Saint Alvin Kamara is a better back going North/South than East/West Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 32
Jameth Cam Jordan threw a punch. [Edit: Says he was going for ball before the whistle.] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
boutte Going to be hard not to pull for Teddy. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Drew Brees thought 2017 was going to be his final season. Then he started having fun again Saints RSS News Feeds 0
1 Up and 3 Downs from the Saints MNF loss to the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus For the Packers, the Saints are like looking in the mirror SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints stayed late in Las Vegas as team held review of loss to Raiders SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints Defense vs. Packers Offense Preview SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints normally dynamic offense looking sluggish in 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
WATCH: CSC’s week in review breaks down Saints’ surprising loss against the Las Vegas Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 23: More analysis of the Saints/Raiders game as Green Bay looms in the distance Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints stayed late in Las Vegas as team held review of loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw Saints Saints vs GreenBay what are the keys to victory? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
Whenever the Saints lose a Primetime Game.. They win the next Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Is the Saints Super Bowl window closed? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Saintsphere Saints-Raiders draw significant ratings increase for MNF Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 16
Second look: Where did the Saints come up short in Monday night loss to Raiders? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints snap counts analysis, Week 2: Rookies didn't see much action vs. Raiders SR News Page Articles 0
Saints, Sean Payton reportedly fined $350K total for failure to wear face coverings on sideline Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' snap counts: A look at the wide receivers, general defensive snaps against Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw Saints What i learned from the Saints loss Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
saintsfan777 Just passed the Saints team busses Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
Andrus So maybe a healthy Michael Thomas is kind of important for the Saints offense SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Should we be concerned about Drew Brees and the Saints? SR News Page Articles 0
Saints stumble but still own NFC South lead after Week 2; here's what to know, what's next Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints take a tumble in Week 3 Power Rankings Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Clintonrebel I'm taking the Saints over the Pack Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 11
The Saints are saving Taysom Hill for something, but what? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Week 2: The Good, the Bad, the...Ugly Saints RSS News Feeds 0
The Saints don’t look like the Saints, as they drop Week 2 game in Las Vegas, 34-24. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 22: Fallout from the Saints’ week 2 game against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sean Payton: Saints’ offense is “average at best” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees explains momentum-swinging interception in Saints loss: 'Shouldn't have thrown it' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees on Saints offense: “Not even close to what we’re capable of” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees: Job is to direct Saints, not rack up air yards Saints RSS News Feeds 0
'It was ugly.' Here's what Brees, Payton, Kamara had to say after Saints' loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Who did Saints turn to without Michael Thomas? Tre'Quan Smith, Alvin Kamara and little else Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Drew Brees acts his age in off-target loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Let's just hope a certain saying holds true for the Saints Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
What we learned, what is trending and final thoughts from the Saints 34-24 loss in Las Vegas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Raiders score 24 unanswered points to top Saints in first-ever Las Vegas game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Walker: 2 games in, Saints make it clear they have ways to go to reach Super Bowl dreams Saints RSS News Feeds 0
After fast start, Saints stumble in humbling loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Postgame on Saints Loss to Raiders in Week 2 | 2020 NFL SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints Postgame Show | Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0