Going to my first Saints game Sunday... (1 Viewer)

Congrats! Hopefully we can get a win for your first one!

As for any advice, since it's your first, I'd suggest trying to get there as early as possible where you can soak in as much of the gameday atmosphere as you can. I'd definitely suggest experiencing Champions Square for a little while even if you're not a big fan of the music being played. Then on your way up the grand staircase, take a moment to see the Benson statue, then once up the steps go to the left towards the Smoothie King Center to see the Gleason statue.

If there's still an hour or so before kick-off once you're inside, I'd suggest visiting the Saints Hall-of-Fame museum and meet John Gilliam who'll be former player guest for this week, but be prepared there may be a line. The Saints Hall-of-Fame is located at Gate B. Also for reference, regardless of what gate is listed on your ticket, you can go in at any gate, A through H. The one listed on your ticket will just be the closest to your seats.

So if you'd like to try and do all these things and/or possibly more away from the Superdome, I'd suggest trying to arrive for at least 9 a.m. or so, then once you're done outside, the doors open at 10 a.m.

Hope you enjoy your first game! :)

we usually leave lafayette about 7am. arrive at the parking tower we always go to at lasalle/perdido, i wanna say it was $30 last year to park but you walk straight out the tower to champions square within 5 mins. but also, as good as it is at he beginning. it sucks leaving.

anyway, we always walk in champions square. maybe go see club XLIV. it was $10 to get in the last time but they gave you a "free" drink. so basically paying for the drink, can sit in the AC, check out some gameday tv. then walk to the dome. i wish we were going sunday!

Make sure you eat a good hearty meal fairly early so you can start pounding the beverages a little later.

How early would you enter the dome? Around 11?

If its your first time, I would go in that early. You can get some snacks, settle in your seats and watch the warm ups. I don't think you will be bored at all if its your first time in dome, I enjoy relaxing and watching the warm ups some times.

Such a good time and great game day environment! Have fun... and remember that's where the Saints won the NFC Championship! Lot of history there, take it all in!

My first dome experience will be on Christmas eve, Bucs vs Saints.
I was lurking around this thread to try and get some info on parking.

When I got to New Orleans I always end up parking down near Jackson Square. It's just what I'm used to now, but would be pretty out of the way for a saints game.

I don't know what we'd be doing after, but is it realistic to get an uber from around that area over to the dome?

I'm sure you guys have your spots, any help would be great.

My first dome experience will be on Christmas eve, Bucs vs Saints.
I was lurking around this thread to try and get some info on parking.

When I got to New Orleans I always end up parking down near Jefferson Square. It's just what I'm used to now, but would be pretty out of the way for a saints game.

I don't know what we'd be doing after, but is it realistic to get an uber from around that area over to the dome?

I'm sure you guys have your spots, any help would be great.

Where is Jefferson Square?

Congrats!

$9 is steep for a beer, but the can doubles as a noise maker when banging it against the bottom of your seat, so it's kind of a steal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom