Going to Pittsburgh (1 Viewer)

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I have a goal of seeing the Saints play in in every NFL city. The only place they are going this year that I haven’t already been is Pittsburgh, that will put me halfway to my goal. Its on my 30th anniversary weekend. Early in our marriage my wife and I would hit the road together for the games, and thats when we put the biggest dent in that list. Lately, I’ve checked off a few with some buddies since we’ve had kids or I took my son to one(Car) but he’s not a big football fan. My oldest son will be off at college and my younger son is old enough to stay home alone for the weekend so my wife and I will be flying to Pitt for an Anniversary weekend jaunt to Pitt for the game. Any suggestions on what to do, besides make sure we beat the Steelers?

I've never been to Heinz Field (the people in Pittsburgh seemed nice, though.), but went there with an ex for college tour. Ended up staying for a day or two. I remember the Carnegie Science Center being Heinz, could be wrong, but it was pretty enjoyable. Very interactive for a museum.
Phipps Conservatory & Botanical Gardens and the Zoo/Aquarium were nice, as well. Remember someone we asked brought up Kennywood, not sure if it survived the pandemic, though. I'd say be careful with the bars, especially the smaller local ones. Guys got sort of obnoxious, but drunk guys will be drunk guys, and obviously completely anecdotal on my end.

Hope you enjoy yourself!

I will be there as well for the first time! Me and 5 others. Half Saints fans and the other half Steelers. So looking forward to it!

the bicycle museum is truly incredible.

I'm at 16 stadiums--------off to san fran this year.

Made me think of the stadiums/cities I have been to. Might be interesting to hear others

Atlanta
Houston
Tampa
Miami
Chicago
Green Bay
Detroit
New York
Pittsburgh-hope to join you guys this year
KC
LA

I think that’s it

Add Shreveport and Jackson for preseason games

Made me think of the stadiums/cities I have been to. Might be interesting to hear others

Atlanta
Houston
Tampa
Miami
Chicago
Green Bay
Detroit
New York
KC
LA

I think that’s it

Add Carolina and Philly

Atlanta
Houston
Tampa
Miami
Chicago
Green Bay
Detroit
New York
KC
LA

I think that’s it

NE
Cleve
Dal
Phil
Wash
TB
NO
Atl
Car
LA
Az
SF
Seat
Add SD before the Chargers moved and Oakland before the Raiders moved.
Also add Balt for a preseason game vs miami but i’m not counting that cuz I want to hit all current citys in the regular season.

My wife did her Under-grad at Pitt and grew up in the area. I will ask her what recommendations she has. We were supposed to go this past Christmas, but both got sick the week before, so spent the holidays home alone. One thing she had mentioned was going up the side of a mountain in a cable car, but not sure what that was called.

My wife did her Under-grad at Pitt and grew up in the area. I will ask her what recommendations she has. We were supposed to go this past Christmas, but both got sick the week before, so spent the holidays home alone. One thing she had mentioned was going up the side of a mountain in a cable car, but not sure what that was called.

The Duquesne Incline is what she was referring to. Get nice views of the city from there.

Modern Pittsburg has been greatly transformed from the "Steel City" it was in the 60s & 70s. Pittsburg is now a clean, beautiful, white collar city with lots of tech, medical, and financial businesses. Nothing to do with football, I'm just amazed at the transformation. Saw it as a little kid, and thought it was a "dirty place". Went there as a college student in the late 80s and it had completely changed. Haven't been again in MANY years, but I'm told it still looks the same.

There's a San Fran-style hillside trolley car going up the steep bank of one of the rivers (Pittsburg's stadium used to be known as "3 Rivers Stadium"....you'll understand once you see it) to a bluff overlooking the entire city and the 3 Rivers that intersect there. If I remember correctly, it's the highest point in the city...just a gorgeous view. If you do nothing else besides attend the game, let that hillside trolley be that thing!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom