Going to the MSY airport after Saints game, how much time do I need to get out of Super Dome (1 Viewer)

I'd get there as early as possible and try to find street parking within the orange blocks. Then take Claiborne to the interstate in the way indicated by the blue line. You'll have to leave a couple minutes before the crowd to have hope of making your flight, especially with having to drop off a rental. Good luck.

Attachments

• whodat.jpg
    whodat.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 26
I've had very good luck catching Uber/Lyft (Make sure you give Lyft a shot, too) from Gravier after the game. Like everyone has said, I'd leave just a little early if possible but I never had to wait more than 15 minutes for someone to pick me up on Gravier and I never left a game early or anything to speed the process up. Maybe I got lucky?

Why you going to the airport? It's a home game. The Saints won't be arriving there! lol. j/k

The street of NOLA and Met/Kenner will be empty. You should be able to get there quickly. The only other people leaving town early are the ones going back to LA.

As someone that flies in for every game from Dallas, I have no confidence you are making that flight in time unless you leave at least by the end of the 3rd quarter.

If you abosolutely have to take the flight, I’d consider using an Uber/Lyft so you don’t have to worrry about returning the rental.

You're gonna miss that flight. Even if the game ends right at 5:20pm, it's going to take you 30 minutes to an hour to get through traffic and get back to interstate traffic. Good luck OP

If (and it's a big if) you can get an Uber after the game, have one pick you up down Tulane north of I10 around the VA or something. The 15 minuteish walk there will be faster than a car ride from around the dome and you may be able to avoid some of the more traffic area of I10. May even be able to just take Airline all the way down to the airport.

Re: your backpack - can't you leave it in a locker at the airport?

Good luck!

(My .02: Bring the wife, rent a hotel room for a night or 2, enjoy game and POST-game activities as well as New Orleans itself.)

Who Dat!

Park as far away from the Dome as possible because the hardest part is getting back on I-10. I'd go to a pawn show or Craigslist (https://neworleans.craigslist.org/bik/d/new-orleans-huffy-womens-cranbrook/6793482531.html) and find the cheapest bike you can find (like $30 for the worst bike they have that works) and park a good mile or two down Tulane or Canal. Bike to the game, bring a bike lock if you have one or buy a cheap one if not, after the game hop on the bike back to your car. Ditch the bike at your rental car and hop on I-10 avoiding the bulk of the traffic.

Be ready to run at the airport because the Rental Car facility is a good ways from the gates. I hope you are TSA Pre....

You're getting lots of good suggestions, but IMO, you won't make the flight unless you leave early. I like parking on Baronne south of Poydras as close as possible to Hwy 90, which gives you easy access to I-10 west. Still, it will take you no less than 1 hour to get to the airport from the time you walk out of the Dome. Good luck, and be sure to let us know how you made out on Monday!

Forget parking close. A mile is a 20 minute walk/9 minute jog.

Park close to here
https://goo.gl/maps/QHSZnhsTE6s

It is a mile from the Dome.

Or further out if you are up to it.

Better yet would be to walk/jog in that direction until an Uber or Cab is easy to get but this option is slightly riskier.

Airline highway will probably be faster than I-10 to the airport but use Waze to make a last second route decision.

The closer you park/grab a ride, the more time you add to the trip to the airport.

If the Saints lose a close game, traffic will be awful headed west.

If the Saints win, more people will linger in the moment and traffic will be initially lighter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom