Going to the MSY airport after Saints game, how much time do I need to get out of Super Dome (1 Viewer)

Park, VERY FAR AWAY. I would suggest around St. Charles and Julia. As soon as the game ends, leave, run as soon as you can. Get in car, drive down St. Charles to Carrollton, get on Earhart Expressway until it ends, take Airline to Airport. You might make it, it will be tight.

i don't think this is far-fetched at all (barring overtime or anything like that). the fastest way to get away from the dome post-game is by parking on or near earhart and claiborne, then booking it out and trying to hit the footbridge (across from the SW corner of the dome) before the crowd. i've done less than 15 min from my seat in the dome to my couch that way. i'd recommend taking the earhart route to the airport (earhart to dickory to airline hwy to airport). i'm personally a big fan of the type of thing you're attempting (i pulled off something similar after Saints at 49ers one year-- barely made it) and would happy to provide more detail if you're interested.

I was coming to post exactly this. You can do it from here. Don't even worry about I-10

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Only advice l can offer is to forget the backpack, dealing with it will only slow you up mate, on the other hand if you miss your flight what is the worse that could happen ?

i am truly impressed about the amount of replies and suggestions offered here. Who dat!

Now, any tail gating I can tag along?

Street parking in the CBD is free on Sundays. I’d recommend getting in early and parking near the interstate. walk to and from the dome. Even if it’s a 20 min walk, you’ll be on the interstate faster than trying to leave the dome parking lot. You’re still probably missing that flight though.

Just be careful on that free thing. I parked one time in a cab zone, behind the old and fenced off Charity hospital this season and got a parking ticket. Regardless of the fact, there are no patients to be had, by use of a cab and it was all fenced off, I still got a ticket. ON A SUNDAY!

Finally. American airline dropped ticket price and I convinced my wife to go home tomorrow! Now let’s hope I can stay for the trophy presentation! Who dat!

Glad you got it changed!

I still have a buddy that is flying out at 825, so I will do my best to report back still. I think we are in a good position though with his flight.

How cool that you worked it out.

My advice was going to be to sell that ticket to the highest bidder and then go watch the game at a sports bar near the airport with a bunch of other Saints fans. :)

As someone from the other side of the world. This hurts.

Spend the night in NOLA vs leave a CHAMPIONSHIP game early...

SERIOUSLy?!!?!?! Where's the forking question!!!! Spend the night and figure it the fork out...

This is horrendous... the tickets are worth enough to make it no bother ALREADY

EDIT: I read 4 pages.

Great you came to your senses. ENJOY IT.

Finally. American airline dropped ticket price and I convinced my wife to go home tomorrow! Now let’s hope I can stay for the trophy presentation! Who dat!

Well, this is rather anti-climatic...

Maybe you can just do a "reenactment" of how it could have played out. (With "Go Pro video", of course.)

(You know, to see if your plan actually would have worked out!)

Just kidding!

I hope all goes well for you and the wife!

Who Dat!

man now I wish I missed the last two minutes and the overtime so I didn’t have to look at tens of thousands of sad faces. Oh well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom