Going to the MSY airport after Saints game, how much time do I need to get out of Super Dome (1 Viewer)

Don't get a rental, utilize UBER and try to find a pickup location a little bit away from the dome.

Getting out of ANY parking lot on game day will take a tremendous amount of time. This may cut timing down for you.

Once the game is decided, even if the clock isn't on 00:00, traffic will be bad. If the game runs long, you'll have to leave early. If you get lucky and the game ends on time, you'll make it but it will be close. Wouldn't you hate to miss an OT win?

If you give it a go, park on the WEST side of the dome along Earhart with your car pointing west. That's a straight shot out to connect with airline drive or the interstate after you get away from the dome. At that point, let Google maps keep you out of traffic.

Stay the night. Its going to be a fun night.
Thanks for the tip. It will be fun either way.

Don't get a rental, utilize UBER and try to find a pickup location a little bit away from the dome.

Getting out of ANY parking lot on game day will take a tremendous amount of time. This may cut timing down for you.
That’s why I am considering those out door lots at the south side.

Cancel flight. Book hotel. Tell wife you missed the flight. Tell work you’re sick.

I think even if you left early, you’d miss that flight.

You’re probably going to get in trouble for something anyway, especially if you’re trying to have fun.

Stay the night

I agree with most posters on here, you will be cutting it very close time wise. However, if you decide to try and pull this off I would suggest parking at the lot at 220 South Robertson St. There used to be a place called Angeletto's Pizza there, but it is a pub of some kind now. Anyway, you can pull out of that lot take a right on Tulane Ave and then an immediate right and your on the on ramp to I-10. Take that a few miles and get on 610 West and that'll take you to the airport. Used to park here when I lived in Hattiesburg, MS and had to go home after the games. Never had any major issues with traffic.

It looks like Southwest has a straight flight from MSY to Orlando at 8:25. I'd book that instead. You wouldn't miss the trophy presentation to the Saints that way!

I'll agree with everyone else, it's going to be hard, but in the event that you have to do it, I park in a lot that is down Poydras St probably about a half a mile from the dome that is $20.00. There are two lots and one of the lots exits right next to the entrance ramp to the interstate and we typically can hop right out and zoom on out. The only thing exit wise that could slow you down is people walking past the exit gate, but if you get out of the dome as fast as you can, you may luck out.

One thing that could go in your favor is that if we win, there is a trophy presentation right after the game so you may luck out with the traffic. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

You'll have to just leave at the start of the 4th quarter.

I'll agree with everyone else, it's going to be hard, but in the event that you have to do it, I park in a lot that is down Poydras St probably about a half a mile from the dome that is $20.00. There are two lots and one of the lots exits right next to the entrance ramp to the interstate and we typically can hop right out and zoom on out. The only thing exit wise that could slow you down is people walking past the exit gate, but if you get out of the dome as fast as you can, you may luck out.

One thing that could go in your favor is that if we win, there is a trophy presentation right after the game so you may luck out with the traffic. Good luck with whatever you decide on.
Thanks! Now I cross finger that the overweighted Cj Anderson don’t run over us.

My buddy's flight is at 830 that night, and we are even worried that HE wont make it. So your 7PM flight is going to be very, very tight because of traffic. A few things to consider:

1) Several interstate connections are closed after the game. For whatever reason, the exits to the west, towards Kenner and BR, are commonly closed off, which funnels everyone through only one or two arteries. We have gotten tricked by that a few times.

2) When we win, there will be a trophy presentation. That lasts about 30 minutes, I believe. You may be able to sneak out during that and buy some road time. But if you stayed for that, your timing situation just got worse.

3) As others already mentioned, if the game goes long or has OT, you basically will have to skip that.

You're looking on the wrong side of the Dome. Don't go toward Loyola. You'll never get out. You want to be on the other side of Claiborne on the lake side of the dome.

Also, avoid parking in a lot where you'll have to wait in line to leave. If you can get to the game a few hours early, you may be able to find a street parking spot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom