Goldson to Bucs - Schefter (1 Viewer)

Great news is we no longer have to worry about anybody saying Chase Daniels, had we signed Goldson we would have had to deal with people saying Goldston. Is it really worth it?

They aren't paying their quarterback 100 million.

Flacco is getting more, pretty soon Rodgers too, even teams with mediocre guys like Matt Ryan will be paying out 100 million or more. The marketplace is the marketplace.

I would have really preferred to keep him out of the division. That guy is just vicious.

Good but overrated player by most. He can lay the wood but he's not a great coverage player. Over $8M is too much for him. Goldson isn't as good as Weddle, but he's making Weddle money.

QBs only managed a 44.8 rating against him in coverage last year.

They paid too much but this is an upgrade for them.

I like him, and I like this contract more. Too much to pay for a safety. Now let's see if they kill their cap by getting Revis.

Yeah I mean locking in their secondary for the next four years with those guys is dicey to say the least. Both have been excellent players, but there's no doubt they're overpaying just like Chicago did for Julius Peppers and Buffalo for Mario Williams, and similarly these are not "ascending players". You're getting dollar production, but you're paying $1.50 for it. It doesn't solve all your problems and that cap number will become real problematic in 2 years.

They aren't paying their quarterback 100 million.

They, and all but a small handful of teams would pay Brees that and more had they had the chance to.

The guys constantly knocking the Brees deal ... their heads would explode if they saw what he'd get on the open market.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom