Goldson to Bucs - Schefter (1 Viewer)

It blows my mind how some people here can call Goldson overrated, but if we sign Ed Reed they'll be screaming championship.

It blows my mind how some people here can call Goldson overrated, but if we sign Ed Reed they'll be screaming championship.

There are several factors to it. I believe he is overrated because he played on the best defense in the league with a great pass rush and and elite middle-fielder in Pat Willis. As far as Reed goes, he wouldn't even be a fraction of what Goldson is getting from TB. They are dramatically overpaying (like they did with Jackson, Nicks, and a few others last year). In terms of cost-efficiency, Ed Reed is going to blow Goldson out of the water.

Geesh. That's a good pick up for them, especially if they land Revis and a good pass rusher.

Right. If he would have signed with the Saints everybody on this board would have been doing the Harlem Shake together and celebrating

The jealously is strong in me right now. I'm not even going to act like this signing doesn't bother me, it does. And they might trade for Revis? :jpshakehead:

The jealously is strong in me right now. I'm not even going to act like this signing doesn't bother me, it does. And they might trade for Revis? :jpshakehead:

68 tackles, 3 interceptions last year... Going to be 29 when the season starts.... I don't get it :idunno:

Right. If he would have signed with the Saints everybody on this board would have been doing the Harlem Shake together and celebrating

This exactly. So many of us wanted this guy but then he signs with the Bucs and now he's a bum. This board would've literally exploded had we signed Goldson. Lol, gotta love us.

He's going to find out what it feels like to be exposed by a poor pass rush. He'll be counting the dollars though.

68 tackles, 3 interceptions last year... Going to be 29 when the season starts.... I don't get it :idunno:

Dude really? I understand trying to downplay the signing but come on, the guy is an All Pro. Would you still not "get it" had he signed with us?

Edit: Let me clarify something, I'm not afraid of this signing or them possibly getting Revis, I'm simply admitting that I'm jealous. I honestly wish we had the cap space to sign All Pro players. I have no idea how well Goldson will do in Tampa but I do know that I would rather Goldson be in NOLA as opposed to a division rival.

I don't think this is the standard "well, we didn't get him, but he's really not that good anyway" situation. Late in the season, the Niners safeties were exposed a bit. The pass rush dropped off and they started getting toasted. Goldston is good and will serve the Bucs well, but he was aided greatly by playing on one of the most complete defenses in the league.

I don't think this is the standard "well, we didn't get him, but he's really not that good anyway" situation. Late in the season, the Niners safeties were exposed a bit. The pass rush dropped off and they started getting toasted. Goldston is good and will serve the Bucs well, but he was aided greatly by playing on one of the most complete defenses in the league.

Logic?! :plus-un2:

Call me crazy but I think the Bucs will be the second best team in the division next year, behind us of course. They had the #1 run D last year, if they're able to land Revis too that D could be nice. Long term though, they may be hindering themselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom