Golf club advice (1 Viewer)

someone

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think I'm going to purchase these in the morning. Anyone have any experience with these clubs? Do you like them? Dislike them? And is this a fair price?

Thanks in advance.

King Cobra Golf Mens Iron Set

He also mentioned selling that Cobra S9-1 Driver for $80.

Very nice looking set for the price. The only reservation I have is on the graphite shafts even though they are a great quality. If I am not mistaken they are designed for seniors or those players with a slower swing speed. Dont' be intimidated by the seniors comment, just be sure they fit your swing speed or you will be disappointed with distance and direction.

Good luck and scoop them up if they're what you really want.

I think I'm going to purchase these in the morning. Anyone have any experience with these clubs? Do you like them? Dislike them? And is this a fair price?

Thanks in advance.

I've tried those clubs before and hit the ball all over the place. I could never find the sweet spot and couldn't control the height or distance very well. If the ground was wet I'd pull up huge chunks of grass and hit the short irons fat. When trying to play a fade I'd hit this wild slice. When trying to draw the ball I'd hit this massive duck hook. I spent more time looking for my ball than playing golf.

In conclusion, they seemed like every other club I've ever used.

I've tried those clubs before and hit the ball all over the place. I could never find the sweet spot and couldn't control the height or distance very well. If the ground was wet I'd pull up huge chunks of grass and hit the short irons fat. When trying to play a fade I'd hit this wild slice. When trying to draw the ball I'd hit this massive duck hook. I spent more time looking for my ball than playing golf.

In conclusion, they seemed like every other club I've ever used.

That's how I gauge my game is by how many balls I lose.

I'm.....not......good.

Haven't used their irons, but I like the driver.

Go to one of the Golf shops and try a set out like it first. I got custom fit this year and went with a set of Mizuno (they didn't help). I tried a set of Cobras, they felt heavy to me.

Thanks in advance.

Unless you're swing is really unatheletic, those shafts would kill you. They're made to help slower swing speeds. With you being 24, I'd venture to guess they wouldn't suit you, but I don't know your game either.

I hit them at a range a few times.....sprayed the ball 7 out of 10 times, when I typically would spray 2 out of 10. I will say, when it goes straight, those shafts add approx. 15 yards and the ball would go 20% higher. But I prefer to know where my ball is going. :hihi:

Unless you're swing is really unatheletic, those shafts would kill you. They're made to help slower swing speeds. With you being 24, I'd venture to guess they wouldn't suit you, but I don't know your game either.

I hit them at a range a few times.....sprayed the ball 7 out of 10 times, when I typically would spray 2 out of 10. I will say, when it goes straight, those shafts add approx. 15 yards and the ball would go 20% higher. But I prefer to know where my ball is going. :hihi:

Agree, I have a very fast swing speed and anything but good ole fashion steel shafts flex too much. I can get used to them but my swing has to be exactly the same every time, I can't take any speed off and can't add a little extra in. This is magnified even more with a driver. Any flex and I hit these super high looping fades.

I've been fitted for clubs and all that stuff and it never seemed to help. The one thing that really made a difference was getting my average swing speed over about 30 swings and finding out that I should only use steel.

you need to hit them for sure and probably several times before you buy them. If you can not hit this set then go to a local golf shop and see if they have a 7 iron like this set and hit it. You want the same brand, model, and shaft to be able to compare them.

My guess is the same as others. The shaft will not be stiff enough. You could always go to a golf shop and be fitted for clubs. You do not have to buy them. Just give them $30-$40 for the fitting and they will tell you what shaft fits you best or if they have a mizunio shaft optimizer you could just hit a few balls with that and see what shaft it recommends. It is not perfect but I bet it will get the flex correct for you at least and it will cost you nothing to go hit 3 balls with it.

T

I'm surprised the fitting did not help. Just curious, but after the fitting, did you buy the clubs specifically made to your swing? I am not a good golfer by any means. I have bought clubs over the years (about 6 sets in all) thinking these clubs are really going to change my game only to find that it didn't. I was about an 18 handicap. One day, I went to a demo day thinking I was going to get another driver and wanted to try several models from various companies.

A Ping rep saw me and asked if I wanted to try their equipment. Of course I did.....long story short....we started talking, and before I knew it, he was fitting me for clubs. It was a long, detailed process......swing this club, now swing the same club with a different loft.....an so on. It was like going to the eye doctor and getting fitted for glasses....is this better, can you see better or worse now.....

After it was all said and done, he had all the angles, lengths, loft degrees, grips....written down for me to bring to my local golf outlet for them to order for me.

I still swing the exact same, but my handicap is now an 11. He fit the clubs to my swing and not my swing to the clubs. Hope this helps some.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom