Gone With The Wind Temporally Removed From HBO MAX (Or How To Look Back On Controversial Media) (6 Viewers)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post

Before anyone says it’s oversensitivity, the full movie will return unedited. It’ll just include a discussion about the stereotypes and probably a warning.

WB did something similar when they released the Looney Tunes to DVD unedited.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If someone doesnt like a show just dont watch it. Easy to change a channel. I've started Blazing Saddles but never finished it because it just wasnt my type of show. Nowadays if someone has a problem with a show then let's get rid of it. How about let's just shut all TV down. No more news. That would definitely be good. Just shut it all down. Then we wont have to watch the hatred from all sides.
This is the “appeal to extremes” logical fallacy

saintfan1972

Full Time Fan
Reaction score
Somebody will find something wrong with everything. Dont like what you watching change the channel

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, other than gone with wind bs, i've laughed my arse at most shows listed.

thankfully it was laughing at the shows, not at the racism. this thread has made me realize
i was laughing at racism. though, my best friends are white and black. it was never intentional.

i sound like an idiot having to state that. very generic. honestly, it is true. my neighbour was obviously sceptical at first having my bff and his friend stay at my house for weeks.

fork the racial bias bs.

musicals still suck balls.

they would be at my house now, but i'm on a weed break until my new job.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm just thinking about where guys like Richard Pryor, Robin Williams and Eddie Murphy fit into all of this. They were all amazingly funny back in the day, but a lot of those jokes, they wouldn't fly today, and they might even get run off the stage. Well, maybe not, but people are weird. They say, not funny, but bust a gut when a comedian says it.

saintfan1972

Full Time Fan
Reaction score
I've seen Dukes of Hazzard mentioned because of the car. My favorite show of all time. My black friends like the show. Least racist show there is. Dont get it. Thankfully I have all 7 seasons on dvd so I can watch it any time. Plus my General Lee die cast. Can't take everything

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen Dukes of Hazzard mentioned because of the car. My favorite show of all time. My black friends like the show. Least racist show there is. Dont get it. Thankfully I have all 7 seasons on dvd so I can watch it any time. Plus my General Lee die cast. Can't take everything
I loved the show, but, the Confederate flag/General Lee is racist enough on it's own. I don't remember anything racist about the show itself outside the car.

I never thought much about the car myself until much later when I started to understand the visceral reaction most black people would have when seeing a Confederate flag. I get it and tbh, if getting rid of the Dukes on TV helps, works for me. I'm not going to miss it.

saintfan1972

Full Time Fan
Reaction score
We will just agree to disagree. Like I said nobody can take it from me

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just thinking about where guys like Richard Pryor, Robin Williams and Eddie Murphy fit into all of this. They were all amazingly funny back in the day, but a lot of those jokes, they wouldn't fly today, and they might even get run off the stage. Well, maybe not, but people are weird. They say, not funny, but bust a gut when a comedian says it.
this is odd
all comedians are product of their times
if George Carlin got transported to this time and did a whole set about Spiro Agnew, it probably would not play well

saintfan1972

Full Time Fan
Reaction score
or we could agree that your position is regressive and you seem proud of that
Nope sure not. Things do need to change in this country. One thing that needs changing is people getting butt hurt over another's opinion. I didnt say anything negative about the other person's opinion. Just agree to disagree. You dont know me so dont try to act like you do through one post.

gavinj

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Roscoe P. Coltrane
J. W. Pepper
Buford T. Justice

I miss those realistic portrayals of southern law enforcement officers from my youth.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
this is odd
all comedians are product of their times
if George Carlin got transported to this time and did a whole set about Spiro Agnew, it probably would not play well
I get that. I guess what I'm saying is watching those shows in today's context has to be pretty jarring. I mean, I watched both Murphy and Pryor on Netflix a few months ago, and some of the jokes, as funny as they were, made me cringe at the same time.

When watching/listening to them many moons ago, I didn't cringe at all. I guess my perspective has changed in the last 20-30 years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 2)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom