Gone With The Wind Temporally Removed From HBO MAX (Or How To Look Back On Controversial Media) (11 Viewers)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post

Before anyone says it’s oversensitivity, the full movie will return unedited. It’ll just include a discussion about the stereotypes and probably a warning.

WB did something similar when they released the Looney Tunes to DVD unedited.

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am late to this but I have never seen it. I don't understand all the cancel stuff. If I find something offensive I don't watch it.

Reaction score
it's the opposite, it's a world opened up to allow others fair(er) access
Well, that's wrong. No one's seeing an "alternate" non-offensive version. Warnings aren't more restrictive, but taking movies down entirely is and isn't providing anyone any access.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am late to this but I have never seen it. I don't understand all the cancel stuff. If I find something offensive I don't watch it.
but it's not your (mine) perspective that needs to be included
all media has always been for us (white men), these are attempts to address the concern that we used others as the butt of our amusement (if you were Chinese, do you really think you would be cool with Mickey Rooney's caricature in Breakfast at Tiffany's?)

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score
Yeah I don't get what the problem is here. It's just like at the beginning of a movie on HBO or Showtime when they tell you if the movie has nudity, strong sexual content or language. It's just helping the viewer be more informed on what they are getting ready to watch. I

This instance is the opposite of "cancel culture" they are literally offering The Muppet Show (which was unavailable before this) to 95million of their subscribers. but slapping an advisory in the beginning

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Hey look, A 51 year old guy can determine what is offensive to him in a children's show. I don't know why he thinks this is helpful for children but, good for you Semper. Good for you.

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
but it's not your (mine) perspective that needs to be included
all media has always been for us (white men), these are attempts to address the concern that we used others as the butt of our amusement (if you were Chinese, do you really think you would be cool with Mickey Rooney's caricature in Breakfast at Tiffany's?)
I've read enough on SR and seen enough on Fox News to know that old white guys do NOT like being made fun off.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I don't get what the problem is here. It's just like at the beginning of a movie on HBO or Showtime when they tell you if the movie has nudity, strong sexual content or language. It's just helping the viewer be more informed on what they are getting ready to watch. I

This instance is the opposite of "cancel culture" they are literally offering The Muppet Show (which was unavailable before this) to 95million of their subscribers. but slapping an advisory in the beginning
I don't really see the problem here either. I mean, I think it's ludicrous that The Muppet Show needs disclaimers .. but it's not censorship. I guess you can cancel me because I think it's ludicrous.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't really see the problem here either. I mean, I think it's ludicrous that The Muppet Show needs disclaimers .. but it's not censorship. I guess you can cancel me because I think it's ludicrous.
the early seasons of Sesame Street had a disclaimer on it when DVD was released

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sunny days! The earliest episodes of “Sesame Street” are available on digital video! Break out some Keebler products, fire up the DVD player and prepare for the exquisite pleasure-pain of top-shelf nostalgia.

Just don’t bring the children. According to an earnest warning on Volumes 1 and 2, “Sesame Street: Old School” is adults-only: “These early ‘Sesame Street’ episodes are intended for grown-ups, and may not suit the needs of today’s preschool child.”............

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've read enough on SR and seen enough on Fox News to know that old white guys do NOT like being made fun off.
Oh, I don't know, I make fun of myself pretty regularly. :hihi:

And fwiw, no one really likes being made fun of, but everyone deals with it differently.

Reaction score
Hey look, A 51 year old guy can determine what is offensive to him in a children's show. I don't know why he thinks this is helpful for children but, good for you Semper. Good for you.
The Muppet Show was never really intended to be a "children's" show.

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To be clear I was referencing Gone With the Wind...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 8)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom