gonna be a fun season (1 Viewer)

I know its way early, but we may end up with the 2 best players from this years draft. Zion, somehow, has exceeded massive expectations through 3 games. NAW picked up exactly where he left off in Summer League. Frank Jackson has improved greatly, as has Lonzo it seems. It seems small, but watching him drain 5 straight free throws without touching the rim was very encouraging.

I respect your knowledge but I think BI is a glue guy who will get a 4yr max..... btw Pels win on a goaltend lol this is gonna be an amazing season. back to back double digit 4th quarter comeback by the 11-15 roster spots. burh NAW is looking like our 6th man already.

First, lol, I know I have almost no basketball knowledge. It just seems to me he is a shoot first, never pass player. I saw it again on a number of possessions tonight. No doubt he has skills, but he seems like the odd man out on a team that is jelling.

Tonight's game was awesome. The bottom of the bench struggled through and got a nice win. That was fun.

BI looked much better tonight...played within the flow of the offense.

When the defensive chemistry clicks, this is gonna be a playoff team.

Still disagree on BI, but I will be happy to be wrong. Otherwise I agree.

First, lol, I know I have almost no basketball knowledge. It just seems to me he is a shoot first, never pass player. I saw it again on a number of possessions tonight. No doubt he has skills, but he seems like the odd man out on a team that is jelling.

Tonight's game was awesome. The bottom of the bench struggled through and got a nice win. That was fun.

Still disagree on BI, but I will be happy to be wrong. Otherwise I agree.

I agreed with you on the first 2 games but tonight he played more in the flow

Also keep in mind that he is expected to be our top scorer and is still getting back in the flow after the medical issues he had last year

That's actually the criticism he seems to get from a lot of people and Alvin Gentry even somewhat called him out on it after the first game. Gentry said we were playing too much iso and that's not how we play... but Ingram was the only one really playing iso.

To be fair to Ingram, he may be the best player on the team right now that you can just give the ball to and get you a bucket when your team's offense isn't playing well, although Zion is quickly showing he might be that guy already. At this stage, if Ingram gets a max contract next summer, I doubt it's from the Pelicans. It's one of the biggest concerns I had before that trade went down because I don't see him as a max player.

Just had our season ticket draft for our group on Monday night. You ain't lyin - its gonna be a fun season.

Zion is out next game. People think it's a bone bruise. People also think if opening night were tomorrow he would play.

Zion is out next game. People think it's a bone bruise. People also think if opening night were tomorrow he would play.

preseason and they quote soreness. I think it’s precautionary.

At 1-5, it hasn't been fun yet. :covri:

I was so pumped for this season I let myself forget that the Pelicans are, in fact, completely cursed and will never have major success.

We turn over the whole roster...still have a rash of injuries.
We get a whole new medical staff... still have a rash of injuries
We luck into a generational talent lottery pick... he's injured
We get a whole new front office... but we keep the crappy coach

There is apparently no way to break this cycle.

I was so pumped for this season I let myself forget that the Pelicans are, in fact, completely cursed and will never have major success.

We turn over the whole roster...still have a rash of injuries.
We get a whole new medical staff... still have a rash of injuries
We luck into a generational talent lottery pick... he's injured
We get a whole new front office... but we keep the crappy coach

There is apparently no way to break this cycle.
Man... I really feel bad now. :covri:

But yeah, it does seem like failure is inevitable with our basketball organization.
It's hard to stay fired up when the record remains so poor. :mecry:

Man... I really feel bad now. :covri:

But yeah, it does seem like failure is inevitable with our basketball organization.
It's hard to stay fired up when the record remains so poor. :mecry:
Well today they are pretty healthy, minus Zion......and playing horribly. Already given up over a hundred points to the Nets in only 3 quarters. This team plays no D at all. It’s sad quite honestly. It’s not like teams are playing great offensively, we just give up layup after layup in between uncontested 3 pointers. Before today, they are averaging 118 points a game and are 1-5. Pathetic!

Last edited:
Well today they are pretty healthy, minus Zion......and playing horribly. Already given up over a hundred points to the Nets in only 3 quarters. This team plays no D at all.
So,what's it gonna take for the Pelicans to build a genuine winner on the court in New Orleans??? We've gotten every chance to get better, and yet still seem to be going backwards. :covri:

So,what's it gonna take for the Pelicans to build a genuine winner on the court in New Orleans??? We've gotten every chance to get better, and yet still seem to be going backwards. :covri:
Well, they are very young and weren’t trying to contend for a title this year, so as long as they gel some and improve, the season won’t be a complete loss. Gentry needs to go too. This kind of defense is always played by Gentry coached teams, it’s almost like his philosophy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom