Saints Good article on Callaway (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Look forward to seeing what he can do this season. According to Article, Callaway progressed very nicely from training camp till the end of the season.

He’s actually the only WR (not named Michael Thomas) that I have faith in. Flame away, don’t care
Don’t think it’s that outrageous of a statement.
I mean, the other guys are Tre who’s been OK but seems to be injured more than we like (he’s actually been a great blocker and is tough as nails).
After that, it’s all UDFA who are still finding their roles.

Given that he made the roster with basically just training camp, SP and crew definitely see the potential in him.

He got a lot of praise from teammates and gave us a glimpse of what to look forward to. He does remind me a bit of MT as far as the hard work, dedication and awareness. Not to mention, he was a gunner, returner and a good blocker. Looking like another diamond in the rough.

The best thing about Callaway is that his biggest strength, his ability to catch down the field hasn’t even been demonstrated yet. All of the optimism as a pro comes from his abilities he didn’t demonstrate as much in college: underneath receiving, special teams, and blocking. Now that he has a QB that can play to his strength, his potential is off the charts. I think there is a very good chance he comes in like Colston in his rookie season this year. The great thing about Callaway is that there are so many ways for him to contribute because he is so well rounded. It’s really only injury that could prevent him from contributing.

Not me. Not impressed at all with him.
He’s ok. He’s a solid #3-4 WR. The problem is that his potential is pretty capped. He is what he is at this point. That’s ok...not everyone has to be great. He’s a good blocker and can sneak up on defenses. You just don’t want to rely on him as a receiver because he struggles to separate.

Yes very anxious to see how Callaway has progressed from last season to this season. We seem to do very well with players from Tennessee. With Kamara, Callaway and now we have Bryce Thompson.
And some guy named Meachem...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom