Saints Good, Bad, and Ugly... (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
Stealing a page from the BS & Beer Podcast book, I’d like to throw out some good, bad, and ugly takeaways from Sunday’s game vs SF.

Good
- Saints offense: The Saints offense was able to put 40+ against the top ranked defense in the NFL
- Latavius Murray: Murray ran hard every chance he got, and averaged nearly 10 yards per rush.
- TQS: He didn’t show up until late, but he made the most of his catches. Very impressed with his RAC skills.
- Deonte Harris: provides a spark to both the offense and special teams with his electric speed and quickness.
- Jared Cook: prior to sustaining a game ending concussion, Cook was gashing the SF defense repeatedly.

Bad
- Sean Payton’s stubbornness to stick with forcing the ball to Bizarro AK41, even though he clearly isn’t the same guy right now.
- Eli Apple: He was targeted and picked on early and often, and for as good as he’s been in stretches, he has not been good lately.
- Craig Robertson: The tipped INT was the type of play Robertson makes... but all too often yesterday, he was just too slow to get to the edge or to stay with his man in coverage.
- Sheldon Rankins: He played well, but the “bad” was that he left with an ankle issue and did not return.

Ugly
- CJGJ: whether it was scheme or the player (or both), CJGJ had 2 very costly penalties, and fell to the ground (losing his man) on what essentially was the biggest down of the game.
- Marcus Williams: Choked and panicked in the game’s biggest moment, and decided to take a ride on George Kittle for 15 yards down the sideline while holding Kittle’s face mask for the whole ride.
- Dennis Allen: Made some decent adjustments, but ultimately got out-classed by Shanahan.
- Alvin Kamara fumble: What a terrible time for the Saints to lose their 1st fumble of the season. That changed the game, and gave SF the ball in the red zone.

Last edited:
Williams does not appear to be a ‘clutch’ type guy. Jmo.
Thought that was an excellent post as well.
Weak tackler. Unclutch liability. Need better next year.

His presence in the right spot, which is apparently what his rep is based on, isn’t worth much if he can’t tackle and can’t find the ball.

Last edited:
Weak tackler. I clutch liability. Need better next year.

His presence in the right spot, which is apparently what his rep is based on, isn’t worth much if he can’t tackle and can’t find the ball.

Agreed.

I’d like the next Ed Reed please.

And I’m still shocked on Williams, I don’t think he’s terrible, but if I recall correctly he was labeled as a big play clutch ballhawk in college?

No offense, but we should refrain from calling players names...ie Bizarro AK41. He’s done a lot for us

Bizarro is not a name calling as I see it, but refers to Bizarro superman. I took it as meaning that he looks like AK41, but is playing the opposite of how AK41 usually plays.
I just don't see this as an insult, but a creative way to say AK41 did not play like his old self.

Your points are solid overall. I don't even think Robertson did anything special on the INT. Sanders was wide open (again) and Jimmy G overthrew him a tad and Sanders let it clank off his hands. The ball went straight to Robertson and he caught it. There was no skill, smarts or hustle involved in that play. Just blind luck.

Stealing a page from the BS & Beer Podcast book, I’d like to throw out some good, bad, and ugly takeaways from Sunday’s game vs SF.

Good
- Saints offense: The Saints offense was able to put 40+ against the top ranked defense in the NFL
- Latavius Murray: Murray ran hard every chance he got, and averaged nearly 10 yards per rush.
- TQS: He didn’t show up until late, but he made the most of his catches. Very impressed with his RAC skills.
- Deonte Harris: provides a spark to both the offense and special teams with his electric speed and quickness.
- Jared Cook: prior to sustaining a game ending concussion, Cook was gashing the SF defense repeatedly.

Bad
- Sean Payton’s stubbornness to stick with forcing the ball to Bizarro AK41, even though he clearly isn’t the same guy right now.
- Eli Apple: He was targeted and picked on early and often, and for as good as he’s been in stretches, he has not been good lately.
- Craig Robertson: The tipped INT was the type of play Robertson makes... but all too often yesterday, he was just too slow to get to the edge or to stay with his man in coverage.
- Sheldon Rankins: He played well, but the “bad” was that he left with an ankle issue and did not return.

Ugly
- CJGJ: whether it was scheme or the player (or both), CJGJ had 2 very costly penalties, and fell to the ground (losing his man) on what essentially was the biggest down of the game.
- Marcus Williams: Choked and panicked in the game’s biggest moment, and decided to take a ride on George Kittle for 15 yards down the sideline while holding Kittle’s face mask for the whole ride.
- Dennis Allen: Made some decent adjustments, but ultimately got out-classed by Shanahan.
- Alvin Kamara fumble: What a terrible time for the Saints to lose their 1st fumble of the season. That changed the game, and gave SF the ball in the red zone.

No offense, but we should refrain from calling players names...ie Bizarro AK41. He’s done a lot for us
It's not necessarily a personal knock.

It's a reference to "Bizarro world" where everything is opposite Earth reality.

Bizarro AK is the opposite of the real AK...

I’m not going to blame CGJ for failing on that 4th and 2. He should have never been put in that position in the first place. Bad scheme. Bad coaching. Can’t put a 4th round rookie with limited experience 1 on 1 against the best TE in the NFL. Just can’t.

Bizarro is not a name calling as I see it, but refers to Bizarro superman. I took it as meaning that he looks like AK41, but is playing the opposite of how AK41 usually plays.
I just don't see this as an insult, but a creative way to say AK41 did not play like his old self.

Thank you. That is exactly what I meant. I love AK, but he simply hasn’t been himself since he returned from the knee/ankle issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom