Saints Good, Bad, and Ugly... (1 Viewer)

Everybody saw yesterday why Robertson isn't a starting LB in this league. My man is way too slow. Great guy and leader but yeah he's a major step down from out starters. As bad as Klein has looked before, he leagues better than Robertson.

Everybody saw yesterday why Robertson isn't a starting LB in this league. My man is way too slow. Great guy and leader but yeah he's a major step down from out starters. As bad as Klein has looked before, he leagues better than Robertson.

Truth. He was a step slow getting to the edge on outside runs, a step slow in coverage, and a step slow chasing down Jimmy G on a critical 3rd down scramble.

With one major difference, this isn't the post season and the Saints are not going home after this game. The Saints will see them again.
I do have a feeling we will see them again, but unfortunately I suspect it will be in SF, unless a lot of dominos fall our way in the next 3 weeks.

I do have a feeling we will see them again, but unfortunately I suspect it will be in SF, unless a lot of dominos fall our way in the next 3 weeks.

That might not be such a bad thing necessarily.... The Saints tend to play more “scrappy” on the road, and they also seem to play more to their strengths (ie.. sticking with the run).
Teams come into N.O. ultra-focused on executing their game plan and neutralizing the crowd... The Saints also seem to get “cute” too often at home.
I am confident that the Saints are a good enough team to go anywhere and win a game vs anyone... if they play their best.

UGLY:

you know that play where our RB runs parallel to the line and the QB throws a screen pass to the RB out by the sideline? they should take that play out of the playbook.

and then burn it.

UGLY:

you know that play where our RB runs parallel to the line and the QB throws a screen pass to the RB out by the sideline? they should take that play out of the playbook.

and then burn it.

Especially when you can see the defender on the tv screen sitting out there waiting to light up the RB!
...but there was time (prior to the Jacksonville game) where AK41 would beat that single defender 95% of the time and pick up big yards.

Stealing a page from the BS & Beer Podcast book, I’d like to throw out some good, bad, and ugly takeaways from Sunday’s game vs SF.

Good
- Saints offense: The Saints offense was able to put 40+ against the top ranked defense in the NFL
- Latavius Murray: Murray ran hard every chance he got, and averaged nearly 10 yards per rush.
- TQS: He didn’t show up until late, but he made the most of his catches. Very impressed with his RAC skills.
- Deonte Harris: provides a spark to both the offense and special teams with his electric speed and quickness.
- Jared Cook: prior to sustaining a game ending concussion, Cook was gashing the SF defense repeatedly.

Bad
- Sean Payton’s stubbornness to stick with forcing the ball to Bizarro AK41, even though he clearly isn’t the same guy right now.
- Eli Apple: He was targeted and picked on early and often, and for as good as he’s been in stretches, he has not been good lately.
- Craig Robertson: The tipped INT was the type of play Robertson makes... but all too often yesterday, he was just too slow to get to the edge or to stay with his man in coverage.
- Sheldon Rankins: He played well, but the “bad” was that he left with an ankle issue and did not return.

Ugly
- CJGJ: whether it was scheme or the player (or both), CJGJ had 2 very costly penalties, and fell to the ground (losing his man) on what essentially was the biggest down of the game.
- Marcus Williams: Choked and panicked in the game’s biggest moment, and decided to take a ride on George Kittle for 15 yards down the sideline while holding Kittle’s face mask for the whole ride.
- Dennis Allen: Made some decent adjustments, but ultimately got out-classed by Shanahan.
- Alvin Kamara fumble: What a terrible time for the Saints to lose their 1st fumble of the season. That changed the game, and gave SF the ball in the red zone.
We actually lost a fumble against Seattle, but, still, a bad place for our first fumble since game 3.

I for one am tired of seeing "Eli Apple" trending each week on Twitter

We actually lost a fumble against Seattle, but, still, a bad place for our first fumble since game 3.
I don’t remember that... who lost the fumble? I was going off of information that I heard on Rev’s podcast and what they said during the game broadcast.

That might not be such a bad thing necessarily.... The Saints tend to play more “scrappy” on the road, and they also seem to play more to their strengths (ie.. sticking with the run).
Teams come into N.O. ultra-focused on executing their game plan and neutralizing the crowd... The Saints also seem to get “cute” too often at home.
I am confident that the Saints are a good enough team to go anywhere and win a game vs anyone... if they play their best.

I agree that it seems the Saints play better on the road. The problem is that the 49ers play better at home.

No offense, but we should refrain from calling players names...ie Bizarro AK41. He’s done a lot for us
And we should remember that next year when we let him walk. Tell him, "Thank you very much". Feed Murray. And then feed him some more. Did he touch the ball in the second half?

And we should remember that next year when we let him walk. Tell him, "Thank you very much". Feed Murray. And then feed him some more. Did he touch the ball in the second half?

I really hope that AK can get right and start playing like we all know he is capable of... because if he does, the Saints offense goes to an entirely next level. There’s still time, and we know what he can do. ??

That happens... and there’s no way the Saints let him walk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom