Good banter with Jets Fans on THEIR site: Here--> (1 Viewer)

Sounds like a lot of the same poorly researched crap many Eagles' fans were spewing in week 2... We know how that turned out.

More interested now in what the excuses will be when their world beater Jets are given a reality check on Sunday... :idunno:

That blog is stupid. First, they want to whine that we only got our rushing yards in 4th quarters where we were winning, yet:
4) The Eagles’ offense put up over 450 yards and 391 passing against the halos, but Kevin Kolb, in his first start replacing Donovan McNabb, threw three costly picks.

Why doesnt the fact they were behind the entire game factor in to why they passed so much? And 3 costly picks??? 2 of them came when we were already up 20, one on the very last play.

They do very little research outside of 30 seconds on our NFL.com stats page.

Weak offensive line? Where are they getting this from. You don't rank second in rushing yards and first in sacks allowed with a weak offensive line.

It's going to be hilarious watching Jets fans come back down to earth. This includes many in the media.

Their comments about our offensive line are laughable. First, they say we'll be without Jammal Brown, but then say we're "finesse." Having Strief, an absolute monster who just mauls people, doesn't exactly make us more of a finesse line. If anything, it makes us more of a physical line (if a less athletic one).

there is a lot of koolaid being drank in thatpost.
most of the jets fans that have come here are objective and seem to know their stuff.
the info in that post is a bit misguided.

As soon as I read our offensive line is "weak" and "smallish," I knew what kind of garbage was passing for well-researched analysis on that Jets board.

The comments underneath the article are occasionally interesting, and for the most part, civil. Pretty enjoyable debate. We'll see on Sunday.

That being said, the actual blog article is completely misinformed and reeks of someone completely reaching for solutions to our team. I posted my response on their blog.

As of yesterday there were JETS fans posting about how our run game sucked offensively and defensively and how they beat better quality opponents. After I debunked their assertions with facts they started mudslinging. Very immature group over there.

Why doesnt the fact they were behind the entire game factor in to why they passed so much?
Exactly. You can't have it both ways. Our rushing D is only good because they weren't running, and our passing D is legitimately bad because garbage time or not they we were letting them get yards in the air. You can't accept garbage time as an "excuse" for one stat and completely dismiss it for another.

Oh, somewhere else I read that Saints fans are the quietest fans in the league or some such.

2) The New Orleans’ offensive line is not very talented and is missing its best player, Jammal Brown, the only player to get a Pro Bowl invitation. It is smallish and is considered a finesse squad. Finesse? I like the way that sounds.

i made it this far.... then laughed and closed the link.

My favorite:

The Bills dared the Saints to win the game on the ground playing five DBs for most of the game. .... It seems as if the Saints’ passing attack can be played to a standstill.

So because ONE team stopped us in the pass by completely selling out and allowing us to run all over them, you suddenly say that the Saints passing attack can be played to a standstill?

Do they realize that it was the first time that Brees had been kept under 200 yards passing in a LOT of games? That he had 300+ yards in almost every game last year?

The fact that the Bills had to load up on the pass and dare us to run AND WE DID run all over them should instead be a reason to fear this offense, not a point of "weakness".

Some people's logic is whacked.

Didn't even bother to click the link... I'll wait til after we stomp the **** out of them to go there and read the excuses...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom