Good Car (not SUV) For Tall People. (1 Viewer)

Saint_Kyle

Very Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good car for taller people? I am 6'4, but have the legs of someone that's about 6'8. I am only 16 so I am still growing, and i am almost too tall for the Cadillac Deville I already have. I don't get it, I thought cadillac devilles were meant to be big?. :idunno:

Oh, and i'm looking for something NOT ridiculously priced (ie. Mercedes S500, I don't have $100k+ for a car..)

just get you a toyota prius and take out the front seat. you should have no problem driving from the back.....for further instructions watch police academy

saint.. it ain't always about the head room.. i'm also 6'4".

sometimes it's hip room..
one of the best as far as cars go for hip room is the Honda Accord.
another car that was great as far as height, ford Taurus, even though i hated that car.
it had the headroom and legroom.
300 is so, so. i rented one of them. for 6'4 6'5 would be fine, but get to 6'6 and think would be a prob.
best way to learn, get a job as a parking valet... you learn real quick some people drive some ridiculous cramped up cars.

some suv's arent' even good for the likes of tall people.
My 07 SIerra fits great though. The 2000+ impala is ok at 6'4 6'5 its fine , if you get on up you wont' like it though
the accord is great there, the nissan maxima I heard was great in that regard as well.
mr2 was cramped, z3 was fine, s2000 was marginal, if you got legs for 6'6 forget it

DTS is great for BIG, not Tall.
another note, they do make extended rails so that you can move your seat further back, have you tried those?

I"m 6'3" and have had and/or driven a lot of cars. the most legroom I've ever has was in my Honda CRX. Seriously.

saint.. it ain't always about the head room.. i'm also 6'4".

sometimes it's hip room..
one of the best as far as cars go for hip room is the Honda Accord.
another car that was great as far as height, ford Taurus, even though i hated that car.
it had the headroom and legroom.
300 is so, so. i rented one of them. for 6'4 6'5 would be fine, but get to 6'6 and think would be a prob.
best way to learn, get a job as a parking valet... you learn real quick some people drive some ridiculous cramped up cars.

some suv's arent' even good for the likes of tall people.
My 07 SIerra fits great though. The 2000+ impala is ok at 6'4 6'5 its fine , if you get on up you wont' like it though
the accord is great there, the nissan maxima I heard was great in that regard as well.
mr2 was cramped, z3 was fine, s2000 was marginal, if you got legs for 6'6 forget it

DTS is great for BIG, not Tall.
another note, they do make extended rails so that you can move your seat further back, have you tried those?

Do they make extended rails for a 2001 Cadillac Deville DTS? If so, and you can tell me where to get them i'll be thrilled, because I love my car but may end up not being able to drive it.

Also, thanks for all of the answers, never thought an Accord would be roomy, but I'll look into it.

You might also check out the various offerings from Buick. Our '03 Century fits my 6'4" stepdad just fine. It's also got bench seats in front, so hiproom for days.

I tell you what, its damn butt ugly IMO, and its a little more then a car, but the Honda Element is freaky roomy inside and ungodly confortable for us taller people. It was my work vehicle for a while, and the guy who trained me was 6-6 or so, and even he had 0 isues in it. It drives like an Accord. Kickin factory stereo too.

I prefer pickups myself.

Do they make extended rails for a 2001 Cadillac Deville DTS? If so, and you can tell me where to get them i'll be thrilled, because I love my car but may end up not being able to drive it.

Also, thanks for all of the answers, never thought an Accord would be roomy, but I'll look into it.

hmm, i googled it and didn't find much, just mustang, and some for some old camaro's on ebay, but know of a guy that did this to his nissan.. mainly for car audio sound quality.. he won many a competition. He also isn't short by any means.

at worst you can have a local machine shop make you some. If you're in a vo-tech or small college that has a machinist program.. they'll do it for parts, which wouldnt' be nothing but couple sheets of metal from HD/lowes. could have them welded on as well using the aforementioned metal strips that have holes in them every so far. SOme car seats all you ahve to do is drill 4 new holes in the existing rails. and move her back.
it sacrifices some rear leg room.. but who cares..

I have the same problem, its the hip room, I ended up finally getting an SUV.

I'm 6'5 and have very few problems with many cars at all. My suggestion is to "get used to it"

I'm 6'5

I've found that cars that have the shift on the steering wheel instead of in the floor give you tons of more hip space.

Buick has several vechiles like that. The Dodge Intrepid is "Big Guy friendly" too.

Front Headroom:

Convertibles - Most
40.7”
2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL

Convertibles Least
34.6”
2003 Honda S2000

Coupe - Most
39.9”
2003 Toyota Echo

Coupe - Least
36.7”
2002 BMW M Series M coupe

Hatchbacks- Most
41.3”
2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GL

Hatchbacks
36.6”
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS

Minivan- Most
42.5”
2003 Ford Econoline Wagon E-150 XL

Minivan- Least
38.9”
2003 Dodge Ram Van 1500 SWB

Sedan- Most
40.8”
2003 Nissan Altima 2.5

Sedan- Least
37.1”
2003 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro

SUV- Most
42.5”
2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

SUV- Least
37.6”
2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Montero Sport

Pickup- Most
44.4”
2002 Hummer H1 4 Door Open Top

Pickup- Least
38.5”
2003 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Regular Cab 4AT

Wagon- Most
40.6”
2003 Toyota Matrix

Wagon- Least
37.4”
2003 BMW 5 Series 525iT sport wagon

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom