Good/great burger in NOLA? (1 Viewer)

For me, Bud's Broilers but only the City Park location.

Mother's is a game day breakfast thing for me (love me some debris).

I still have never had a Company Burger but it almost always wins A Great Burger Debate.

For me, Bud's Broilers but only the City Park location.

Mother's is a game day breakfast thing for me (love me some debris).

I still have never had a Company Burger but it almost always wins A Great Burger Debate.

Another local speaking well of Mother’s.

I’m validated as an outsider!!! ?

Another local speaking well of Mother’s.

I’m validated as an outsider!!! ?
Hold on there, son. I don't think I qualify as a local. My birthplace and the first 30 years of my life is above the Mason-Dixon Line. I am a yankee no matter how long I live here.

Hold on there, son. I don't think I qualify as a local. My birthplace and the first 30 years of my life is above the Mason-Dixon Line. I am a yankee no matter how long I live here.

Ahhh,
I didn’t know that. Lol.
Transplanted local. If you’ve been in New Orleans more than a minute. And I’m struggling with that math Marsha, I thought you were about 29? ?

Ahhh,
I didn’t know that. Lol.
Transplanted local. If you’ve been in New Orleans more than a minute. And I’m struggling with that math Marsha, I thought you were about 29? ?
I don't allow people to do math around me.

I have never been to Mooyah but I have a few friends that rave about it like it is god's gift to burgers. It's to the point that if the heavens don't open up and welcome me with bikini goddesses as I take my first bite then I will be disappointed.

I have never been to Mooyah but I have a few friends that rave about it like it is god's gift to burgers. It's to the point that if the heavens don't open up and welcome me with bikini goddesses as I take my first bite then I will be disappointed.

That’s exactly how a lot of people are with In n Out burgers.. I personally love In n Out, but i first tried them over 20 yrs ago with no expectations, and they do what they do (burgers, fries and shakes) really, really well, are extremely consistent and the restaurants are impeccably clean.. of course, most people hear about them for years, then it is impossible for a fast food burger to live up to all that.

Disagree. I've visited their new location in West End once and it was just OK. In the past, when their burgers were good, they were quite good (basically the same as Port of Call). More recently, they've been pretty inconsistent, and the newer burger places are much better.

Not worth the Uber.

I went there twice for the first time since the early 2000s after moving to the Navarre area a few years ago and I was highly disappointed. The burgers were not close to as good as they were in the 90s and 2000s. And their prices went way up for mediocre to bad food. It was basically $20 for a mediocre burger. And I get that the baked potato is their thing, but they used horrible thick, pre-frozen stake fries for their fries. I never went back.

That’s exactly how a lot of people are with In n Out burgers.. I personally love In n Out, but i first tried them over 20 yrs ago with no expectations, and they do what they do (burgers, fries and shakes) really, really well, are extremely consistent and the restaurants are impeccably clean.. of course, most people hear about them for years, then it is impossible for a fast food burger to live up to all that.

Lol to each their own I loathe that place.
I also can’t stand Krystal and White Castle.
Those would be my 3 least favorites. ?

Fharmacy makes a damn good hamburger.

I was going to try Cowbell last time I was in the city. I looked at Yelp beforehand just to get a sense of what people thought about it and the saw that on every critical review, the owner responded extremely defensively (and a lot of times quite nasty). Sure, there are unfair reviews written by people who are never satisfied. Most places have them. But these seemed like minor, legitimate issues. It turned me off from eating there so we went somewhere else.

Last edited:
Fharmacy makes a damn good hamburger.

I was going to try Cowbell last time I was in the city. I looked at Yelp beforehand just to get a sense of what people thought about it and the saw that on every critical review, the owner responded extremely defensively (and a lot of times quite nasty). Sure, there are unfair reviews written by people who are never satisfied. Most places have them. But these seemed like minor, legitimate issues. It turned me off from eating there so we went somewhere else.
yelp sucks

It's pretty good but it's not the best. It's about the same as Atomic Burger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom