Good job Saints fans! (1 Viewer)

Wasn't the stadium designed to resonate and amplify sound? Hence all the 12th man jerseys the seattle fans wear?

You're kind of on the right track, Paul Allen (the teams owner) is very much into music, and acoustics. When the stadium was being designed, he wanted to make sure that the sound that was created by us would be pressed down onto the field, instead of dissipating in all directions as would normally happen in an outdoor stadium. During our NFC Championship game, we achieved a rating of 135 on the decibel meter. So yes you are correct that the stadium is designed to hold the sound in, but there is no trick to it, it is all us, and you need crazy fans to create it.

As far as the 12th man jerseys, the number 12 was retired for the fans in 1984. We do consider ourselves part of the team, and never have to worry about getting a new jersey when our favorite player is traded or leaves in free agency, cause we will always have our 12. The 12th man ceremony right before kickoff, is for us, very much like your Who Dat chant. In that it is intimidating, and gets the crowd ready. We have a famous person from the area, or former player raise the 12th man flag, and it is our cue that it is time to get it on. The last person to raise the flag was Buck Compton from Easy Company, and a Washington resident. If you are familiar with the HBO series Band Of Brothers, you will know who Buck is.

You're kind of on the right track, Paul Allen (the teams owner) is very much into music, and acoustics. When the stadium was being designed, he wanted to make sure that the sound that was created by us would be pressed down onto the field, instead of dissipating in all directions as would normally happen in an outdoor stadium. During our NFC Championship game, we achieved a rating of 135 on the decibel meter. So yes you are correct that the stadium is designed to hold the sound in, but there is no trick to it, it is all us, and you need crazy fans to create it.

As far as the 12th man jerseys, the number 12 was retired for the fans in 1984. We do consider ourselves part of the team, and never have to worry about getting a new jersey when our favorite player is traded or leaves in free agency, cause we will always have our 12. The 12th man ceremony right before kickoff, is for us, very much like your Who Dat chant. In that it is intimidating, and gets the crowd ready. We have a famous person from the area, or former player raise the 12th man flag, and it is our cue that it is time to get it on. The last person to raise the flag was Buck Compton from Easy Company, and a Washington resident. If you are familiar with the HBO series Band Of Brothers, you will know who Buck is.

Honestly, that is a great idea.

Love reading reports like this.. I've always wondered if I was reading too much into my trips to New Orleans about the hospitality, it's nice to see it affirmed.

I'm not from New Orleans, but have many connections there and I try to visit as often as I can. And I've always been amazed.

Who Dat!?

:gosaints:

My absolute pleasure doctorj, I made sure that I posted the same thing I did here on all the boards that I frequent, because I wanted everyone to know about the incredible experience that my wife and I shared in the city and at the game. I feel that when people go above and beyond, they deserve to be recognized for it, and you folks definitely went above and beyond. Y'all throw a hell of a party! seahawkblue is the main website that I belong to, but I also posted the same thing on seahawks.net where I post occasionally. I only hope that I can one day return the favor.

In regards to the other posts on here regarding Qwest and it being loud. All I can say is....Yes it is. There is no way that I will try and get into a match of who is loudest, we both represent very very well. :9:

Thank you again. It is so nice for people to see the city as it really is. Often the posts I read about the city are either "bulldoze the cesspool toilet down" or "You will be surely KILLED!!!!". It is so nice to have someone recognize it for its wonders-it's beauty, its culture and , yes, her people. There is an old tourist saying "If you love New Orleans, she will love you right back." Thank you for loving my hometown and spreading the word. And the best of luck to your Seahawks the rest of the year!

Some more high praise. :9:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24658
New Orleans was absolutely fantastic. The French Quarter is amazing and decadent and sensory overload for sure. The food is ridiculous. Everywhere we went the food was outstanding. Unfortunately I had a virus or bug of some sort over the weekend so I was feeling ill the whole time which really sucked but I refused to hole myself up in my hotel room. I was going to experience the sights and tastes of New Orleans one way or another. We saw a fairly decent amount of Seahawks fans. We even met up with KING 5's Paul Silvi and chatted about the Hawks for a few. Nice guy and a fellow resident of Maple Valley no less.

What was by far the most impressive thing to me about New Orleans was the people. Unbelievably kind. Just happy and easy going. Not ONE Saints fan/New Orleans resident gave me any crap for wearing my Seahawks flare. NOT ONE PERSON. When I would walk by a group of young guys all decked out in their Saints gear, I fully expected to get at least a little harassment. Nothing.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24633

My absolute pleasure doctorj, I made sure that I posted the same thing I did here on all the boards that I frequent, because I wanted everyone to know about the incredible experience that my wife and I shared in the city and at the game. I feel that when people go above and beyond, they deserve to be recognized for it, and you folks definitely went above and beyond. Y'all throw a hell of a party! seahawkblue is the main website that I belong to, but I also posted the same thing on seahawks.net where I post occasionally. I only hope that I can one day return the favor.

In regards to the other posts on here regarding Qwest and it being loud. All I can say is....Yes it is. There is no way that I will try and get into a match of who is loudest, we both represent very very well. :9:

The hopitality you experienced probably wasn't above and beyond. It was probably just us being us. Many of my out of town guest are amazed everytime I start talking to a stranger as if we've known each other our entire lives. This is pretty typical down here. I am, however, very happy for you that you got to expierence that goodness. I know that sometimes it can go the other way, but what you expierenced is by far the norm.

BTW...I visited Seattle last year (stayed in Seabeck) and I loved it so much that I'm skipping Mardi Gras this year to return to the area.

Quest field is one of my favorite places to watch a game (Went to the last two saints games there). It's got a lot on the dome, but noise isn't one of them. Noise level isn't even close.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom