Good luck from Philadelphia (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Greetings from the enemy. Just swung by to wish you guys good luck, some insight on our team and maybe answer some questions. I'm hoping it's a closer game than the last meeting but I think you guys are the best left still in it, and I'll be rooting for you guys going forward if things don't go our way (always had a ton of respect for the city, Payton, and Brees).

So what's different (not necessarily better) from the last time we met?

Nick Foles: Nick is an enigma. Less purely talented than Wentz but there has been some talk that he's a better fit for Pederson. He is arguably better than Wentz at going through his progressions and is the definition of a rhythm QB. He is a risk taker though and can throw up some absolutely atrocious INTs occasionally. If you can get to him he's easy to force into mistakes but he gets the ball out fast, and has a great OL protecting him. Speaking of which...

Offensive Line: They have been playing much better as of late, holding down studs like Donald, Watt, Clowney, Kerrigan and Mack. Foles getting the ball out fast has helped that absolutely. The weakness is on the left side. Jason Peters is one of my all time favorites, but he has needed more "breaks" this year (understandable) for a 330 pound 36 year old and Semualo has played better, but is exploitable.

Run game: Our run game is awful. We lost Clement since the last time you met us and have Smallwood/Adams who can flash but overall aren't impressive. Sproles on the other hand is back and has looked every bit as dangerous as he always has in the past. Overall it's still a massive weakness though.

Defensive Line: The biggest change is Tim Jernigan is back. (the guy in the ski mask with gold teeth after the Chicago game...love that dude). He's a big boost to the run defense game, even going back to when he was a Raven. This is the biggest strength on our team easily.

Secondary: It is almost entirely comprised of backups and rookies at this point. They have actually been playing well recently, especially previous no-names like LeBlanc and Maddox. The problem is smart coaches find weaknesses in young players, and you guys have a smart coach. Second half of the Bears game you can see they figured out that Maddox, who had been playing very well up until that point, was biting hard on double moves and they torched him the rest of the game. They're better than before but overall this is another exploitable area for sure.

Greetings from the enemy. Just swung by to wish you guys good luck, some insight on our team and maybe answer some questions. I'm hoping it's a closer game than the last meeting but I think you guys are the best left still in it, and I'll be rooting for you guys going forward if things don't go our way (always had a ton of respect for the city, Payton, and Brees).

So what's different (not necessarily better) from the last time we met?

Nick Foles: Nick is an enigma. Less purely talented than Wentz but there has been some talk that he's a better fit for Pederson. He is arguably better than Wentz at going through his progressions and is the definition of a rhythm QB. He is a risk taker though and can throw up some absolutely atrocious INTs occasionally. If you can get to him he's easy to force into mistakes but he gets the ball out fast, and has a great OL protecting him. Speaking of which...

Offensive Line: They have been playing much better as of late, holding down studs like Donald, Watt, Clowney, Kerrigan and Mack. Foles getting the ball out fast has helped that absolutely. The weakness is on the left side. Jason Peters is one of my all time favorites, but he has needed more "breaks" this year (understandable) for a 330 pound 36 year old and Semualo has played better, but is exploitable.

Run game: Our run game is awful. We lost Clement since the last time you met us and have Smallwood/Adams who can flash but overall aren't impressive. Sproles on the other hand is back and has looked every bit as dangerous as he always has in the past. Overall it's still a massive weakness though.

Defensive Line: The biggest change is Tim Jernigan is back. (the guy in the ski mask with gold teeth after the Chicago game...love that dude). He's a big boost to the run defense game, even going back to when he was a Raven. This is the biggest strength on our team easily.

Secondary: It is almost entirely comprised of backups and rookies at this point. They have actually been playing well recently, especially previous no-names like LeBlanc and Maddox. The problem is smart coaches find weaknesses in young players, and you guys have a smart coach. Second half of the Bears game you can see they figured out that Maddox, who had been playing very well up until that point, was biting hard on double moves and they torched him the rest of the game. They're better than before but overall this is another exploitable area for sure.
Much respect to you. What’s your honest prediction of the game? I believe it’s close at half and we break it open by the end of the 3rd as Brees will start having your dbs on skates at that point. 34-17 saints is mine but wth do I know lol. Been going to every home game since 83 when I was five and seen some of the best and worst of the saints. Many of our fans are spoiled these days and didn’t get to witness someone like the Bum coaching and boy was that the perfect name for him ?. Good luck to you as well bro.

I think you guys are more healthy, and the Saints (at least at the O-line) are less so. I feel like the Saints will win but it won't be 48-7 blowout. 31-24 Saints.

Cheers to a good game! Whodat!!

Pat Kirwan said yesterday the biggest difference between Foles and Wentz is that Wentz was getting sacked once per every 11 attempts, whereas Nick is only once per every 27.

It’s a huge difference to the good. Hopefully we can get to him and the Dome noise will make it even more unpleasant.

Much respect to you. What’s your honest prediction of the game? I believe it’s close at half and we break it open by the end of the 3rd as Brees will start having your dbs on skates at that point. 34-17 saints is mine but wth do I know lol. Been going to every home game since 83 when I was five and seen some of the best and worst of the saints. Many of our fans are spoiled these days and didn’t get to witness someone like the Bum coaching and boy was that the perfect name for him ?. Good luck to you as well bro.

I'd agree with being close in the first half then holes in our secondary get exposed with the second half adjustments between Brees and Payton. They haven't played like a weakness recently but I can't help but feel they'll get exposed by a veteran team.

If I had to predict with money on the line I'll go with 27-16 Saints. No score would really "shock" me though. A lot of wild cards.

Does your team pose for selfies after turnovers and do the bike dance?

Pat Kirwan said yesterday the biggest difference between Foles and Wentz is that Wentz was getting sacked once per every 11 attempts, whereas Nick is only once per every 27.

It’s a huge difference to the good. Hopefully we can get to him and the Dome noise will make it even more unpleasant.

In the past month Foles' time to a pass attempt is 2.22 seconds. That makes any lineman's job easier. Wentz can extend plays and make absolutely incredible passes, but there's obviously something to be said about a guy that can chip away like that without getting touched. He also recently tied to single came consecutive completion record...right before tossing some ugly picks. He's tough to predict.

Foles is a huge upgrade, I thought QB, CB and RB were your biggest weaknesses and mostly the QB. Should be a good game. Battle of West Lake High.

without much of a ground game i'm not sure if we even worry about sacks
stay in base a lot
even rush 3 and drop a dlineman in coverage (or drop rankins and send AJ)
demario on Ertz
PJ and/or Anzalone on goedert/Sproles

then lots of disguising man & zone in the back

Sup man thanks for coming to the forum. If i was being honest i say we win this game but it will be alot closer then im willing to say, id love for us to win by 10+ but i see us winning by 3-4 points and ill be biting my finger nails to the very end. Much respect to your team just dont think yall have enough to beat Drew Brees in our dome with our crowd. If yall happen to do the impossible though yall are the team i will be rooting for to win it all again. Good luck but not too much luck and hopefully no injuries.

Welcome, thank you and good luck to your team as well.
For me it’s simple, how healthy our O line is, or isn’t. Just being truthful as I see it. With a healthy line I feel we are the dominant team in the league this season.

without much of a ground game i'm not sure if we even worry about sacks
stay in base a lot
even rush 3 and drop a dlineman in coverage (or drop rankins and send AJ)
demario on Ertz
PJ and/or Anzalone on goedert/Sproles

then lots of disguising man & zone in the back

Yeah I don't think relying on sacks is the way to go vs Foles. Only semblance of good run game have is in the screen game with Sproles/Agholor/Tate and even that is hit or miss. Disguising coverages and dropping players has gotten Foles to give up some easy picks in the past.

Wait what? A classy Philly fan? I’m a little surprised honestly. I visited the eagles forum the other day and it was filled with expletive-laden trash. Things about SP that I can’t repeat, About that girl with the eagles shirt, etc.

Thank you for not being that

Welcome, thank you and good luck to your team as well.
For me it’s simple, how healthy our O line is, or isn’t. Just being truthful as I see it. With a healthy line I feel we are the dominant team in the league this season.

I'd argue you guys are the most complete teams in it still (coaching, run game, pass game, DL, secondary). There are better teams in a few individual aspects but top to bottom I think you're it.
Our DL vs your OL will be a fun matchup to watch. Could be the matchup that decides the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom