Good luck from Philadelphia (1 Viewer)

They did beat the Boys. They got blatantly jobbed by the refs in their second meeting, literally from the opening kick off.

When? Dallas swept Philly this year.

27-20 & 29-23 if I recall.

When? Dallas swept Philly this year.

27-20 & 29-23 if I recall.

Sorry, I didn’t word it correctly.
In my opinion the Eagles won one of their games with the Cowboys. The Eagles got shafted from the first kickoff of the game on. They seem to get a lot of help. (Dallas)

Sorry, I didn’t word it correctly.
In my opinion the Eagles won one of their games with the Cowboys. The Eagles got shafted from the first kickoff of the game on. They seem to get a lot of help. (Dallas)

Gotcha!

Yeah, that's a nasty place. I've seen em drench a kid's Dallas hoodie with beer at the game just because he had it on. Crazy.

To be fair, the kid was wearing a Dallas hoodie to an Eagles game, and that's on the parents.

I am OK going to Eagles games in Philly in any situation except (1) playoff games, and I don't think people should go to road playoff games outside of Atlanta anyway, and (2) Dallas games. The hatred is palpable.

To be fair, the kid was wearing a Dallas hoodie to an Eagles game, and that's on the parents.

I am OK going to Eagles games in Philly in any situation except (1) playoff games, and I don't think people should go to road playoff games outside of Atlanta anyway, and (2) Dallas games. The hatred is palpable.

In Philly’s defense, stupid people are everywhere. I’ve been mistreated at several opposing team venues over the years.

At the end of the day it’s a GAME. Fascinating to me the lengths some go to over a GAME. ?

Hey Eagles Fans....
Just our of curiosity, what are you guys going to do with Wentz?
Have you through about trading Wentz to another team who could use good QB play?
Also, how much salary cap room do you have? Maybe $28 million per year for the next two years?

I'll hang up and listen.

Greetings from the enemy. Just swung by to wish you guys good luck, some insight on our team and maybe answer some questions. I'm hoping it's a closer game than the last meeting but I think you guys are the best left still in it, and I'll be rooting for you guys going forward if things don't go our way (always had a ton of respect for the city, Payton, and Brees).

So what's different (not necessarily better) from the last time we met?

Nick Foles: Nick is an enigma. Less purely talented than Wentz but there has been some talk that he's a better fit for Pederson. He is arguably better than Wentz at going through his progressions and is the definition of a rhythm QB. He is a risk taker though and can throw up some absolutely atrocious INTs occasionally. If you can get to him he's easy to force into mistakes but he gets the ball out fast, and has a great OL protecting him. Speaking of which...

Offensive Line: They have been playing much better as of late, holding down studs like Donald, Watt, Clowney, Kerrigan and Mack. Foles getting the ball out fast has helped that absolutely. The weakness is on the left side. Jason Peters is one of my all time favorites, but he has needed more "breaks" this year (understandable) for a 330 pound 36 year old and Semualo has played better, but is exploitable.

Run game: Our run game is awful. We lost Clement since the last time you met us and have Smallwood/Adams who can flash but overall aren't impressive. Sproles on the other hand is back and has looked every bit as dangerous as he always has in the past. Overall it's still a massive weakness though.

Defensive Line: The biggest change is Tim Jernigan is back. (the guy in the ski mask with gold teeth after the Chicago game...love that dude). He's a big boost to the run defense game, even going back to when he was a Raven. This is the biggest strength on our team easily.

Secondary: It is almost entirely comprised of backups and rookies at this point. They have actually been playing well recently, especially previous no-names like LeBlanc and Maddox. The problem is smart coaches find weaknesses in young players, and you guys have a smart coach. Second half of the Bears game you can see they figured out that Maddox, who had been playing very well up until that point, was biting hard on double moves and they torched him the rest of the game. They're better than before but overall this is another exploitable area for sure.

Nice detailed writeup. If the Eagles win I know I will pulling for them the rest of the way as well. May the best team win.

Nice detailed writeup. If the Eagles win I know I will pulling for them the rest of the way as well. May the best team win.
I’ll be pulling for the Pats, or Chargers but mainly anyone but Dallas and Philly.

Most fan bases have a lot of decent people following them, you are a case in point mate, good luck except for this Sunday

So I am curious, are most Eagles fans on board as foles being the starter next year or are most Eagles fans still on the wentz bandwagon?

Most of them are still on board with Wentz. Foles is absolutely idolized in the city but talent and age wise the general consensus is Wentz. Plus Skip Bayless says we should keep Foles and we cab't have that.

Greetings from South Jersey. MIL is Eagles die-hard, so I always root for the Eagles any time they're not playing the Saints. I was in the dome for the 2006 playoff game wearing a Saints jersey, and saw the Saints team in 2013 at the hotel in King of Prussia the day they arrived for that playoff game.

While I will be rooting for the Saints obviously, the winner of this game is my "go to" the rest of the way.

And yes, Philly is an acquired taste and when you figure it out and get used to it, it's a great place. Except the traffic. Screw the traffic.

Appreciate it. As a lifelong Saints junkie who's lived in Philadelphia for a long, long time, I get plenty of respect for being a Saints fan. Eagles fans can be very tough, home and away, but I find them oddly fair, and usually very knowledgeable if insane, and my theory is they respect longtime Saints fans because they know we are also long-suffering and not posers.

Here's to a good game on Sunday.

I think that's a fair assessment. They talk a lot of trash but they respect people who can take and dish it back, and tend to respect fans who really earn it through the tough times. Similarly the fan bases that tend to be the most fair weather/over hyped draw a lot of the ire. It has its own set of rules.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom