Good News Dorsey didn't post any crazy numbers (1 Viewer)

morals99

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Most of us are LSU fans and know what he is capable of. His 40 time was good for a man his size, however those bench reps are a bit of a concern. Upper body strength is the most important measurable other than size for a DT. I wish they somehow posted a squat max or power clean numbers, but I guess the workouts would take 6 months to do all that. I believe Ellis will go first and there is a growing chance Dorsey falls.

Being an LSU fan, u know there is no way Ellis goes before Dorsey. Dorsey is the full package man. Dorsey can play his spot and Ellis's spot on the d-line. Can Ellis play both DT positions in the NFL? Maybe. But you know like i know Dorsey DEFINITELY can.

Ellis would be a great fit for the saints though.

Most of us are LSU fans and know what he is capable of. His 40 time was good for a man his size, however those bench reps are a bit of a concern. Upper body strength is the most important measurable other than size for a DT. I wish they somehow posted a squat max or power clean numbers, but I guess the workouts would take 6 months to do all that. I believe Ellis will go first and there is a growing chance Dorsey falls.

Upper body strength is not that much of a concern. Where he plays is "leverage, footwork and hands" type stuff. He does not need to able to bench a Volkswagon and much as he needs to SQUAT a Volkswagon. The "push up the middle" does not come from upper body strenght.

They are both going to be gone before we pick anyways. Dorsey goes first and doesn't get past the Falcons. IMHO

Now, If we can somehow trade up the only one I see us being able to get is Ellis because he most likely wont go in the top 5 like Dorsey.

Being an LSU fan, u know there is no way Ellis goes before Dorsey. Dorsey is the full package man. Dorsey can play his spot and Ellis's spot on the d-line. Can Ellis play both DT positions in the NFL? Maybe. But you know like i know Dorsey DEFINITELY can.

Ellis would be a great fit for the saints though.

How could anyone possibly ''know'' one player can succeed better than the other in the NFL,especcially when their talent levels are so close. There is no sure way to know that.
It would be an opinion that one could do better or play both positions in the NFL. Until they get out there and prove it, no one knows how either player will fair in the NFL. Dominating at the college level is not a guarantee any player will succeed in the NFL.
Alot of folks here are already prepared to proclaim Dorsey an NFL success before he ever plays a down in the league. I wish him well and he'll probably do well. He's gifted and very talented but by no means is he a sure fire guarantee. Some of you guys are a little blinded by loyalty to your school.
I would bet there are some Georgia fans that know how this works. Certainly every other schools fan bases know as well.

They are both going to be gone before we pick anyways. Dorsey goes first and doesn't get past the Falcons. IMHO

Now, If we can somehow trade up the only one I see us being able to get is Ellis because he most likely wont go in the top 5 like Dorsey.

hit-the-nail-on-the-head-200x200.jpg

problem is that Dorsey showed he's healthy... that'll take away a lot of inhibitions

Exactly, him showing he is healthy was a bigger thing than him running a fast 40 or benching 225 40times...he's going in the top 5 fo'sho now.

Ellis can play both positions but I'm pretty sure you'll never see Dorsey as a 2 gapper.

Dorsey posted numbers "good enough" for measurables. His on-field performance make him no worse than the top 4. Mark it down.

The thing is, from watching the film, Dorsey and Ellis play completely different.

Dorsey willingly engages blockers, gets under their pads and holds them in place. This destroys any play! Dorsey has taken away two holes from holding up his blocker, he can use the blocker to his advantage to get towards the runner and can go both left or right easily. On passing plays, this takes away a passing lane and lets Dorsey release the blocker and get towards the QB...it does not allow the QB to step up which lets the DEs take a wider pursuit angle which allows them to get by the Tackles easier.

Ellis uses speed and power to get by the blockers...which is good on pass plays but terrible on run plays. If he spins the wrong way, he doubles the size of a hole. Him spinning by a blocker on passing plays creates quick pressure but opens a passing lane.

Now this doesn't mean Ellis is a bad DT, Dorsey is just unbelievable. He gets such good leverage and has a knack for anticipating the snap and can engage the blocker almost simultaneously with when the QB gets the ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom