Good News! Halloween is still on this year in NOLA! (Covid-Halloween thread) (1 Viewer)

Halloween really shouldn't be that fraught. Kids don't have to have long lingering contact in anyone's airspace. Best thing for most people would be to sit on their porches or driveways with a bowl of candy several feet away. Let kids take candy while you supervise, compliment costumes, and wish the families a Happy Halloween. For parents worried about their kids' candy having been handled by strangers, wiping items down with peroxide or alcohol is a breeze.

The New Orleans Nightmare haunted house is still a go, though they are limiting the number of patrons being walked through at any one time. I would assume masks are required, and I think a group restriction of some kind will be in place (e.g. a household of six could go in together as a group, but three couples unknown to each other won't be put through as a group of six).

EDIT: I realized that the first paragraph of this response is pretty strictly about trick-or-treating. For other Halloween events (e.g. indoor parties), the calculus will be different.

I believe we're still having Halloween here. What we might do is use a ladle to scoop candy into the kiddo's bag. But if other people aren't as careful, then it's a moot point. But we'll do it anway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom