Good place to sit in the Dome (Sugar Bowl) (1 Viewer)

BlownGP

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
My Sooners are going to the Sugar Bowl and believe or not I've never been to the SuperDome.

So other than being on the Field is pretty much every seat on the house have a good viewing?

Do the 600 level seats way too high?
Found some on stub hub in the 130s section. Hows that?

Thanks
Steven

The steps in the 600s get scary steep after a couple adult beverages. And it's really high.

130 is fun but you may end up standing a lot to see the game. I'd go that route if you can swing the $$$.

it just depends on how much money you want to spend...there are plenty of good seats in the 600s

The steps in the 600s get scary steep after a couple adult beverages. And it's really high.

130 is fun but you may end up standing a lot to see the game. I'd go that route if you can swing the $$$.

Yeah, it looks high on TV. lol

I've seen some cheap ones on stubhub just not sure how reliable they are. Seems sketchy.

it just depends on how much money you want to spend...there are plenty of good seats in the 600s

Yeah, it will be my wife and daughter. So want to keep it under $600-700 for all three of us.

600 and 500 levels are what we locals call "The Terrace", as it has been that name since the inception of the 'dome. The 500 level is just a few rows of seats at or below the main (lower) entry portals; the 600 level is HUGE -- it has the most number of seats in the dome--and as stated before, quite steep, particularly on the sidelines. The 600 level is so big that a few years back a set of mid-level portals was added, as the hike to the top was so rigorous.

Views from the upper part of the terrace are okay; but you really aren't seeing the action on the field clearly--players look like ants. There are, of course, the big screens to see details of plays and replays. IMHO, the upper Terrace is mainly for the joy or factor of being there.

The next level down, elevation-wise, are the suites. 400 level is the old, original suites, only on the sidelines, tucked up under the Terrace. There is also a ring level of suites at the top of the Club or Loge (original name) level, the next general seating level. Like the Terrace, the first few rows at or below the entry portals are numbered as the 200 level, the rest above that are marked as the 300 level.

For my money, the Club/Loge level sideline seats are the best in the house. You are high enough up to see all the action well; but not so high that you feel far away, and the seating angle is perfect-- a little less than 45 degrees.

The lowest seating level is the Plaza (though the sideline Plaza seats are also now marked as "Club" seats as they have access to a ground level bunker club). All Plaza seats are marked as the 100 level. Plaza level seats, particularly on the sidelines, are low and close to the game, but almost too low, and the seating angle is very gradual. If people in any of the three rows below you are standing (not just the one row below you) you will have to stand as well to see, as RussTKD indicated.

See attached cross section to give you an idea of what I am talking about regarding the different levels and seating angles.

Also, be aware that there ARE some "bad" seats in the house: in some of the upper level corner seats (loge/club, terrace) you cannot see the end zone corner directly beneath you... For an idea of seeing what your proposed seat view will be, you can see computer-generated simulated "seat views" from each section using Ticketmaster or Stubhub BEFORE purchasing (though Ticketmaster seat views are more realistic and detailed). See attached seat view from Section 632 showing the end zone blockage I described.

Re: ticket purchase, tickets on Stubhub itself are TOTALLY reliable, not like buying tickets on Craigslist or through an online forum. I've used them often all over the country WITH NO PROBLEM!!! (local commercial joke there...)

Attachments

• diagram-superdome-011611jpg-4df38464647b86f5.jpg
    diagram-superdome-011611jpg-4df38464647b86f5.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Section 632 view.jpg
    Section 632 view.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 47
Wow, thanks man.

Looks like all the 300 level seats start at $300 to $400. And there's not many.

I'm looking at the 325,326 section.
Either that or 134,135, 137 section.

419 is the suites right? Because they got a ticket for $20,000!!!!!! haha

Pretty sure that the "C" indicates it is a club level seat; one that allows access to the 4 corner club areas in the 300 level. I think this may be appropriate because the 328 section is a divided section; about half "club" (black seats) while the others closest to the end zone are multicolored seats (not club).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom