Good QBs get the ball out quick and make good decisions (1 Viewer)

I don't think he did...teams didn't constantly pressure us like this w/ Drew until the end of his career...and by then, it affected him too. We wasn't this passing juggernaut in 2018 and 2019....we started falling out of the top 10 by then.
Yeah 2015 was probably the last year Drew could do whatever he wanted. I heard he got some kind of injury that was bad that year. But still came back after one McCown game.

I don't think he did...teams didn't constantly pressure us like this w/ Drew until the end of his career...and by then, it affected him too. We wasn't this passing juggernaut in 2018 and 2019....we started falling out of the top 10 by then.
Man, I'm trying to figure out if folks don't remember how much we played in the shotgun in Drew's prime.

I'm coming to realize Jameis isn't good at reading defenses when they blitz. I thought it was his decision making, but his inability to diagnose pre-snap is killing us. Also, Pete has done a horrible job of calling plays that stop the blitz. It's like he doesn't even have them on the call sheet.

He doesn’t call screens like Payton did but the one we did call Kamara tripped and Winston threw it to him anyway.

He does call plenty of plays with short blitz beating routes but those routes aren’t being thrown to often.

Drew faced blitzes his whole career off and on. They lessened because he was one of the best against it.

Drew faced blitzes his whole career off and on. They lessened because he was one of the best against it.
We didn't start shrinking our alignment on offense until the end of his career....the point of the post was that our offensive alignment helps the defense disguise the rush.

There was a blitz in 3rd off left side..we had a drag route to Kamara left to right...jameis doesn't even look middle, he stays on Olave and ball gets batted down at LOS. That's simple awareness he doesn't have. Or if he does, hasn't shown in first 3 weeks.

Whatever the case, we can't adjust the play book to accommodate a QB who lacks ability to make decisions.
Your coach him to make a certain throw. I'm sure he's showing the same tendencies in practice. I remember hearing Sean mic'd up telling Drew what receiver he was looking for with that play call. That's a specific instruction to a HOF QB. Is Pete doing that or just sending in a play and letting Jameis do what he feels?

Can you show me one or two of those posts? I do not believe you. I'm here every day. No one has ever said that Jameis is in the same league as Brees, Brady, or Rodgers.
Read the post on this thread. People comparing Bree’s and Jamie’s even after this horrible game. I’m not gonna look through posts. If you visit this forum you can read the unrealistic comments daily. Some thought Winston would be sought after by other teams during the off-season and a bidding war would ensue for his services. They never dreamed no other team would want him. They love whoever starts. Loyalty is good but …

We didn't start shrinking our alignment on offense until the end of his career....the point of the post was that our offensive alignment helps the defense disguise the rush.
Colston and Brees both joined the Saints in the same season. Payton ran a lot of bunch/tight formations to take advantage of both Colston's and Bree's strength.

So actually, Payton ran a lot of bunch/tight formations through his entire tenure with the Saints, not just at the end of Bree's career.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom