Good read by pat Kirwan (1 Viewer)

llama

Very Banned
Reaction score
He's great on Sirius NFL Radio.

Common sense article. Thanks for the link.

Furryankee

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Great article. Helps explain how a too-short running back from Illinois that ran a horrible 4.64 could not get drafted but win a job with the Saints and a monster like Jonathan Sullvan can be drooled over and hit the unemployment line.

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
Pat Kirwin is one of a few so called "experts" who honestly fits the bill. The man knows his football.

BoroSaint

Bring the Wood!!!!!
Reaction score
I don't know why, this tired cliche of an article gets trotted out every single year.
That's because every year people go crazy over combine numbers and annoint someone the next {insert name} at his position based off of some tests rather than on-field production.

Last edited:
OP
MLU

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
I don't know why, this tired cliche of an article gets trotted out every single year.
That's because people don't read it. they just ckick the link and look at the pretty colors. There's too much going on. I would have linked a "print preview" of the page had it been available.

St. PJ

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Thats because people who think they know a lot about football wind up drafting someone who looks great in his underwear and runs fast but never traslated that to the field in either college or the pros.

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As one long-time NFL executive said this week, "The tests had there place in helping us determine certain traits we were looking for but now the kids rehearse the combine tests so much that it is not the indicator it once was, and the smart football people are discounting the result
Very true... place's like Tom Shaw's and Velocity sports pretty much make you do the combine tests... they had an ESPN report on it this weekend... and the "coaches" at these places train you on how to maximize your ability in these individual evenst.

The gametape tells the whole story.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom