Good read on 3-4 defenses (1 Viewer)

When I used to play Madden or NCAA, I could always dominate 4-3 defenses. But a team that runs a good 3-4, I have difficulty against.

I'm basically just like Drew Brees...it's like we're twins.

The article is educational no doubt. However, the defense needs to have playmakers to keep the QB guessing. One mistake, and the D will cause a turnover.

And here lies the difference between good defenses...and the Saints D. I have seen quite a few times the QB was under pressure, and threw up a desperation pass. It should have been picked up, or at least should have fell incomplete......but the coverage was so poor, that the WR had time to adjust and catch the desperation pass. I was asking myself.....how can they compete when the coverage is non-existent?

So that made me rethink the priorities of this year's draft......the Saints D needs at least one CB who can cover. Failure to draft a good CB will keep this Saints D just as bad as they were last year. No matter how much pressure they generate up-front.....if there is no coverage in the secondary.....its a lost cause.

I have seen quite a few times the QB was under pressure, and threw up a desperation pass. It should have been picked up, or at least should have fell incomplete......but the coverage was so poor, that the WR had time to adjust and catch the desperation pass. I was asking myself.....how can they compete when the coverage is non-existent?

Likewise, it drives me CRAZY when the Saints blitz and the DB's are 10-15 yds off the receivers!

Well, duh, you just gave the QB an EASY OUT - he just dumps it off QUICKLY to the WIDE OPEN receivers!

[sigh]

Towards the end of a year, most fans see a team with a Dline like nyg and say man thats what we need.
Well heres that chance. A draft with richardson, B williams and or B Jenkins could be added to what could amount to great 34 talent. I say fill up the trenches with as many top prospects as we can and rush the passer as hard as we can.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom