Good read on parity (1 Viewer)

Not sure what is going on with the partiy, but I just hope we can compete in the playoffs and bring home a Lombardi trophy...

We saw some of that level of competition in the Giants game and will see more of it in the Falcons and Patriots games. MAYBE the Cowboys game if they can get more consistent. Other than that, I'm not sure we'll know until January...

It's a down year for the NFL. The bad teams are really bad.

I agree, but it was bound to happen at some point, even if it may be coincidental.
As much as we don't like to look ahead or make predictions, if we're honest, I'm pretty sure many people would say (OK, maybe just me), before the season started that the following teams weren't going to be good: Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, 49ers, Rams, Bucs, Jags, Texans, Browns, Bengals, Bills, and Lions.

These teams were unknowns: Saints, Cardinals, Seahawks, Bears, Redskins, Dolphins, Jets, and Cowboys, with the Saints leaning more toward good, of course. :mwink:
These teams were the locks to be at the top: Colts, Titans, Patriots, Chargers, Ravens, Steelers, Panthers, Falcons, Packers, Vikings, Eagles, and Giants.

Some surprises there, but perhaps the biggest one though, as you mentioned - is that the bad teams are really, really bad, and it has made for some terrible football. When I look at the weekly schedules, it's not even fair for half of the games. What's worse, the good teams are not even great thus far, its just that the bad teams are playing at an unbelievably low level.

Except for the Saints and Colts, IMO. Yes, some other teams are playing good ball and will be there at the end (Patriots, for example) but these two squads are playing heads and shoulders above the rest of the league, IMO. Further, I think some of the good teams are being lulled to sleep due to the fact that they play a bunch of bad teams throughout the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom