Good read on possible Free Agents we could target (1 Viewer)

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
The Saints' top 5 defensive fixes and the free agents who can help | NOLA.com

The Saints aren't expected to be major players in free agency because of their lack of salary-cap space. But they won't sit on their hands either - especially while they're aiming to revamp their defense under new coordinator Rob Ryan and a new 3-4 system.
Last year, for example, the Saints surprisingly landed four high-priced free agents in Ben Grubbs, Curtis Lofton, Brodrick Bunkley and David Hawthorne -- back-loading all of their contracts to make them cap-friendly in the first year. Grubbs' salary-cap number was just $2.7 million last season, and the others were all $1.7 million or below.
I picked the brains of a handful of NFL analysts to put together a list of available defensive players that might be good fits in New Orleans as the Saints make the transition to the 3-4.
Here is a position-by-position primer, ranked in order of need:

The Saints' top 5 defensive fixes and the free agents who can help | NOLA.com

Plenty of interesting names I never really thought about, guys who have been relegated to more situational roles due to being behind entrenched starters. He gets thoughts from guys like Adam Caplan, Greg Cosell, Matt Bowen, PFF guys, etc.

I could definitely see us going after Victor Butler at LB. Maybe also Mike Jenkins at CB or even bring back Porter back.

It'll be interesting to see if we go after a 3-4 DL in FA.

If Nnamdi gets cut id b happy with he and victor butler

Nice find. Pretty in-depth assessment of some "unknowns". Will be interesting to see if any end up on the roster

I don't care who we sign, as long as they produce. The defense needs to get their **** together and play good ball. Our window of opportunity is closing bc of our lack of defense. Frankly, my patience is wearing thin with the defensive side of the ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom