Good read on the possible consequences of ignoring intelligence briefings by the tweeter in chief (1 Viewer)

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly, a part of me thinks that knowing more wouldn't make his decisions a bit.

OP
nolaspe

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly, a part of me thinks that knowing more wouldn't make his decisions a bit.
True, but I bet he'd have his daily briefings if they were held to 140 characters or less w/ emojis for emphasis...

saintsfan26

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

Severum

Staff member
Administrator
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
OP
nolaspe

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Washington Post gave their own opinion columnist 3 Pinocchios for false claims about Obama's PDB. His reporting relied on incomplete and/or deceptive statistics and interpretation.
You forgot that facts don't matter anymore in the land of the orange tweeter in chief...

saintsfan26

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
But when the same Washington Post gets an anonymous tip from an unknown source that Russia hacked the DNC, no proof is needed right? You take them for their word only when it benefits you. Again, it was an anonymous source. No proof shown. You just take it as fact because it fits your agenda of delegitimizing Trump.

Obama did not attend every intel briefing. He chose to receive his info in a different way. He even admits it. Trump is also choosing to receive his info differently. It was never an issue when Obama did it. Now all of a sudden it is.

Severum

Staff member
Administrator
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
But when the same Washington Post gets an anonymous tip from an unknown source that Russia hacked the DNC, no proof is needed right? You take them for their word only when it benefits you. Again, it was an anonymous source. No proof shown. You just take it as fact because it fits your agenda of delegitimizing Trump.

Obama did not attend every intel briefing. He chose to receive his info in a different way. He even admits it. Trump is also choosing to receive his info differently. It was never an issue when Obama did it. Now all of a sudden it is.
An opinion piece is different than an actual report. Something reported by almost every major news agency is different than an opinion piece. Multiple sources, multiple government agencies, and independent investigators have confirmed Russian involvement. That is different than a false opinion piece.

In 2012 the author of the opinion piece you linked was trying to make an issue of Obama not receiving every PDB. He turned out to be lying so it really wasn't an issue. Alt-right outlets like Breitbart used shoddy reporting to try to make it an issue. Trump himself tried to make it an issue several times during Obama's presidency.

saintsfan26

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Those same sources and government agencies also said that Iraq had WMDs, so forgive me for not trusting their word. I want to see proof that the Russian government/Putin were involved before we take the next step towards World War III. Anonymous sources are never held accountable. I want to see official evidence.

Severum, I appreciate this discussion with you. You didn't insult me in any way. You didn't call me a racist. You didn't insult my intelligence. We have strong disagreements but we kept it civil. I truly appreciate your opinions. Thank you for this.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Again, I ask. Why do you insist on an unattainable standard of proof that the Russians were involved in this? Yet you believe an opinion piece that you think discredits our outgoing president without so much as a simple fact check?

This undermines your credibility on here.

JLaneSaints

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is starting to spiral into falsehood.

Trump is not ignoring intelligence briefings altogether, nor skipping them altogether.

He says he is mandating to only be briefed when there is NEW information. Meaning he doesn't want a briefing if there is nothing new to report.

Now, I'm fine with debating the ramifications of that, I am NOT stating that it is a good idea. I'm just asking for everyone to get their facts straight and not talk like he is just flat out refusing to be briefed at all.

Bishop

shuffle-by Poster
Reaction score
Yet he often tweeted about Obama doing the same thing, as if Trump were attempting to present himself as an ever vigilant leader.

saintsfan26

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Yet he often tweeted about Obama doing the same thing, as if Trump were attempting to present himself as an ever vigilant leader.
Yes and on the other side, Obama is not attending all of the briefings either. So this is a non topic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom