Good read on Tiki Barber....and his hurt feelings. (1 Viewer)

Good read.....still think he is a jerk for the way he did his teamates, part of the media or not, he was a football player first, he should have some sense of loyalty.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7742580/Tiki-says-he-doesn't-deserve-Giants'-scorn

Wrong. Tiki is a man first. He has the right to do or say what he wants, and I admire the fact that he won't just go the way of the lame status quo that so many former players do. He doesn't owe the NY Giants any loyalty. He was nothing but a great player for them.

Last edited:
Tiki is still a selfish little *****. By bashing Eli early in the year, he may have actually brought the Giants closer; because Eli fired back with his own comments and the team rallied behind him.

what a crock of @@@@

horrible slanted article and yet again another example of tiki acting like he is more important or "better" than everyone else with his little house building project.

lots of nfl players do the same and more. you dont see them going out of their way to brag about it.

tiki is clearly bitter.....he needs to go away

the higher the climb the greater the fall i suppose.

Tiki is cool with me

Tiki is still a selfish little *****. By bashing Eli early in the year, he may have actually brought the Giants closer; because Eli fired back with his own comments and the team rallied behind him.

Please. What he said was hardly bashing. He said that Eli wasn't a leader. Need I list a bunch of quotes I can think of firsthand made by other players that were worse than that? In addition to that, Eli's own owner called him skittish, but I don't see anyone bringing him up. That's funny.

That wasn't a definitive statement or meant in any malicious way. He didn't say that he never could be a leader. All of you Eli homers are just way too sensitive.

Please. What he said was hardly bashing. He said that Eli wasn't a leader. Need I list a bunch of quotes I can think of firsthand made by other players that were worse than that? In addition to that, Eli's own owner called him skittish, but I don't see anyone bringing him up. That's funny.

That wasn't a definitive statement or meant in any malicious way. He didn't say that he never could be a leader. All of you Eli homers are just way too sensitive.

Ronde is that you?

This is a perfect example of how no matter what people and fans are going to complain.

Fans complain they want announcers that don't just plug the NFL stars and give the same rehashed cliche's, then when Tiki actually gives an honest opinion they rip him to shreds.

Fans complain how they want real "team work" and results over flash and then when they get it (Detroit Piston, San Antonio Spurs, New England Patriots) they rip them to shreds for being "boring".

Blah.

"Wrong"? he is constantly overstepping his bonderies, starting with the Michael Strahan contract issue a couple years ago, your job is to play football not give your opinion to any microphone that will recieve it....to me he is gonna be a good football analyst, but outside of NY Giants he really has no opinion....he's a puppet used by NBC for his "inside scoop" which is really locker room gossip and his own personal opinon (about the Giants) there are 32 teams in the NFL....if he didnt only have stuff to say about Giants players I wouldnt have any beef with the guy and apparently he never really had any friends on the team so that kinda shows me what kinda man he is to begin with......you can back him though.

Now you know what, I actually agree with some of what you said there. But to lump this Eli Manning situation, where he actually was no longer employed by the Giants and was making a constructive criticism, is completely different. Honestly, I only remember him talking about the Giants for like a week or two, but you made it seem like every week he was talking about the Giants, when I watched the NBC broadcasts and didn't hear this.

And I can think of when Brett Farve publicly interfered with Javon Walker's contract negotiations and holdout, when Farve had NO BUSINESS talking about, but I guess since it's Brett Farve it's ok for him to do that, right?

Honestly, I only remember him talking about the Giants for like a week or two, but you made it seem like every week he was talking about the Giants, when I watched the NBC broadcasts and didn't hear this.

I agree it seems like he talks about the Giants more because when he mentions them you have all the major New York newspapers talking about it and it trickles down from there with everyone else picking it up. When he talks about the Kansas City Cheifs guess what? No one cares.

look, i've worked around locker room environments, and the one thing that will cause EVERYONE to lose any respect they might have had for you is to publicize information that happens in the locker room and is supposed to stay in the locker room. Even if other players agreed with him, none of them wanted him to go talk on national prime time TV about it.

I realize he has the right to say what he wants, but those things come with consequences. He is suffering the consequences.

Tiki always thought he was the best thing since sliced bread, and I am sure many in that locker room saw him as somewhat arrogant but did not question his veteran status. When he went out and started airing locker room laundry on national tv, he knew what was coming to him. He probably thought that the Giants would struggle this year and everyone would look at Tiki and say "he was right." But he was wrong, and know he is pating dearly for opening his mouth. Joe Horn was similar in that way.

I am no Eli homer, trust me. What bothered me the most about Tiki, is him throwing his coach under the bus over and over. He caused or added to the termoil in that locker room last year. He announce his retirement in the middle of the season to get more attention. He is a diva. Have you listened to the Barber Shop on Sirius? It sounds like a gaylove fest between him and Rhonde. They are gonna make out any moment. Eli might have been a little "skittish" last season, but its hard for a young player to come in a be heard among the loud personalities like Shockey, Strahan, and Tiki on that team. Eli is a soft spoken guy, but becoming a leader as he grows into that role. And Tiki is still a little *****.

He appeared in 154 out of a possible 160 regular-season games, and saved Tom Coughlin's job at the close of the 2006 season by running fearlessly with a broken thumb.

Average rushing yards = 1,680 with Coughlin - 733 before Coughlin
<O:p</O:p
Average Yards per carry = 5 with Coughlin - 4.3 before Coughlin
Average funbles per year = 3 with Coughlin - 6 before Coughlin
Average TDs per year = 9 with Coughlin - 4 before Coughlin

Tiki was a much better running back with Coughlin than he was without him. He owes Coughlin as much as Coughlin owes him.

I'll give credit where it is due. tiki was a great running back for the Giants. As far as his mouth is concerned, while he believes he is being honest in his opinion about the coach, and Eli, I see this "honesty" as an excuse to be an ***####. If he had kept his mouth shut, between last year and this, he would not be vilified as he is today. Just imagine walking up to someone you meet in the store and comment on how fat they are, then tell them you are just being honest!

ha...what a crock of crap article.

Tiki is too busy building homes to worry about burnt bridges.

Helping the poor and building houses is his focus.

....but THIS weekend he decides to concentrate on football.

Please - give me a break. Tiki -- make up your mind dude. I vote for you to just go away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom