Good site for deep background on Iraq War current events (1 Viewer)

That website isn't devoted to anything "pro-American interests" in Iraq. It really doesn't have anything to do with larger policies vis a vis Iraq.

it is a website to understand the nuances of military strategy in Iraq. Another point--although combat is still going on, it's hardly a conventional war.

And do all these links need new threads?

Last edited:
Yes they do.

Some people like a wide variety of news and information sources.

Sorry you couldn't find something to rant about there.

Some people like a wide variety of news and information sources.

No, every source you find on Iraq doesn't need a new thread.

We have plenty of Iraq threads to post such links, every one of them doesn't need a new thread. And I agree, the more sources and information the better.

In case you're not aware, but cluttering up the board with similar topics makes the mods/admins jobs a lot harder here by forcing mods to merge threads. :9: And I'm pretty sure it's in the TOS.

Last edited:
The site is run by a pretty rare bird...a female military historian and a Yale-ee teaching at Haaavad. Interesting resume.

Kimberly Kagan, the president of the ISW, is a military historian who has taught at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, Yale University, Georgetown University, and American University. She is currently an affiliate of the Olin Institute for Strategic Studies at Harvard University. Dr. Kagan previously held an Olin Postdoctoral Fellowship in Military History at Yale International Security Studies in 2004-2005 and was a National Security Fellow at Harvard’s Olin Institute for Strategic Studies in 2002-2003. She is the author of The Eye of Command (University of Michigan Press, 2006) and editor of The Imperial Moment (under contract with Harvard University Press). She received her Ph.D. in History from Yale University.

The site is run by a pretty rare bird...a female military historian and a Yale-ee teaching at Haaavad. Interesting resume.

Kimberly Kagan, the president of the ISW, is a military historian who has taught at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, Yale University, Georgetown University, and American University. She is currently an affiliate of the Olin Institute for Strategic Studies at Harvard University. Dr. Kagan previously held an Olin Postdoctoral Fellowship in Military History at Yale International Security Studies in 2004-2005 and was a National Security Fellow at Harvard’s Olin Institute for Strategic Studies in 2002-2003. She is the author of The Eye of Command (University of Michigan Press, 2006) and editor of The Imperial Moment (under contract with Harvard University Press). She received her Ph.D. in History from Yale University.

But there's more...

She is married to one Frederick Kagan, who is a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute (neoconservatives). Frederick Kagan's brother is Robert Kagan, a founding member of...

...The Project For the New American Century (neoconservative central).

The Father of the Kagan brothers is Donald Kagan, who is at the neocon Hudson Institute and also was an original signatory to PNAC. Hudson Institute, incidentally, is the place Scooter Libby has landed while he waits for his pardon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Kagan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kagan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Kagan

The tentacles are everywhere.

Not exactly objective sources.

Last edited:
Cool background research work there, Blackadder. Well done.

One item conspicuously absent in her resume...Princeton.

And I believe I warned that in the OP.

*Whiff*

You claimed the source you posted was "Pro-American interests in Iraq," which is much different from admitting the source is pro-occupation or coming from a neocon perspective.

No. The source is arguably a NeoConservative website subtly masquerading as a fair and objective analysis of militarily what's going on in Iraq. There's nothing "Pro" or "Anti" American about it.

Last edited:
I mentioned Princeton because it's the ticket into the military Intelligence community.

With the proper consideration of the source, the site linked does nontheless provide insight regarding the Harvard-level military think tanks are coming up with these days.

No, I wouldn't advertize it as "nonpartisan" even though that's what its mission statement says it is.

It's good to consider input from all sources, so long as you know what kind of fish the source is trying to fry.

Last edited:
The way the dropdown boxes are organized is very unique, I really like how the website is organized. I like how the site is using direct interviews to allow the military to tell what's going on in various regions of Iraq, with the various campaigns. It's a very detailed site, very well thought out. Regardless of one's political feelings regarding the war in Iraq, this site is clearly a useful resource, at least for a military neophyte such as myself.

Last edited:
I guess since this is a site with neocon connections, everything is a bunch of lies. I wonder how many lies about Iraq has already been uncoveered as done by the liberal press.

BA: Read your buddy Soros on IHT. He claimed 650,000 Iraqi causualties when it was about a quarter of that. Soros is not a neocon BA. Make excuses for that. You liberals get me sick. You slam neocons, but you all are just the same, but the liberals will not admit it.
Get off of your high horse and admit that neocons and neolibs are the same: both disgusting.

BA: Read your buddy Soros on IHT. He claimed 650,000 Iraqi causualties when it was about a quarter of that. Soros is not a neocon BA. Make excuses for that. You liberals get me sick. You slam neocons, but you all are just the same, but the liberals will not admit it.
Get off of your high horse and admit that neocons and neolibs are the same: both disgusting.

What makes me sick is conservatives who can't conjugate.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

People who engage the mouth before the brain is in gear make me sick.

Neocons are just liberals trying to impose the social engineering outside the U.S. and they use Republicans to do it.

Read.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom