Good Sound Bar (1 Viewer)

jasonl55

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a good soundbar and speakers for Home Theater. Wireless would be best but looking at all kinds.

Amazon product ASIN B073W5T1QC
I have been eyeing sound bars for the last 5-6 months and I will be going with this one or possibly the 7.2.4 system. This one has been getting fantastic reviews and will be perfect for the space I will be working with. The 2018 version is on sale right now as the 2019 version is soon to be released. The great thing is the 2018 version will come with a firmware upgrade in Q2 this year to provide Atmos and Dolby Vision support and make the performance nearly identical to the 2019 version.

This company is very under the radar but has highly rated products and as I mentioned it's reviews for this system demolish comparable ones such as Samsung's N950 and Sony's ST5000. The best part is, it is half the price of those.

Last edited:
This may sound crazy, but I bought the Logitech computer speakers with the subwoofer. They sound great and fill the room with full, rich sound.

I've owned two different sound bars and a sound plate in the past and we believe the Logitech system is far more impressive.
If memory serves, I spent like 50 bucks.
The sound bars were much more than that.

scour review sites then cross check with other review sites.
here is one site, but theres quite a few out there

the Yamaha YAS-207 has gotten very favorable reviews everywhere I've read.

there is more to it, what size room, for starters.. my size room, this lg sk5y with wireless surrounds is perfect.. my room is a semi truck sleeper. twin bed size.. so not much space to fill.

the JBL bar with surrounds fits a lot more. bose has quite a few options.
I had LG 43" 4k tv, and that vizio with wireless surround never would give me more than 2channel audio, even using spdif from pc.
also, along with size of room, what budget,..

Polk Audio for lower price, bang for your buck.
Denon Heos as a mid priced option and has a built-in streamer.
Sonos or Bose as a high end option.
I own a surround sound company and have heard quite a few.

So, out of curiosity. I don't have a sound bar. I've always had standard receiver / surround set ups. But how do soundbars compare? Do they have power that receivers can punch out? Do they have the connections?

I like that Vizio and Sony have Dolby Atmos set ups in their all in ones. But, not sure I'm in love with having a sound bar.

A surround receiver with in ceiling speakers with a powered subwoofer will always sound better than a soundbar. Soundbars, with the exception of Sonos (with rear wireless speakers) are simulated surround. Also, most soundbars have inferior subwoofers compared to stand alone subwoofers.

I have two Visio s3821w 2.1 soundbars. I bought the first one and liked it so much I got another for my bedroom. Plenty loud and crystal clear. The sub thumps good too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom