Good video of potential draft prospects (Includes Cromartie!!!!) (1 Viewer)

canuckredux

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It's from a Cowgirls fan, so turn your speakers down to avoid the annoying yammering and occasionally moronic commentary like "McKelvin's so good off the ball that he over-pursues it" (resulting in a completion to the WR.) DRC is the 2nd player profiled, featuring some Senior Bowl highlights and a little game tape. He looks like he's on another level here. I'm really getting excited about him at #10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqpwn6HUvIg

Skip Bayless

Very Banned
Reaction score
Very informal video

I wouldn't mind trading down for cromartie

Denzien

May contain 10% Ethanol
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
McKelvin was certainly impressive on the plays they showed.

Slim K

Suggestions?
Reaction score
id get him at ten (cromartie) but thats just me. why is c. jackson always lined up 7- 10 yards off his man. i hear of off man coverage but wow

I'm not sure but I think it may have something to do with his speed. He lines up further down field to be able to see what type of route it is and avoid getting beat at the line.

That's just my guess, though.

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
id get him at ten (cromartie) but thats just me. why is c. jackson always lined up 7- 10 yards off his man. i hear of off man coverage but wow

Yeah, if Cromartie has a good combine...I would take him at 10.

The kid has talent, skills and speed...did anyone see that jump he did in practice? wow he sure did elevate.

brianw37

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, if Cromartie has a good combine...I would take him at 10.

The kid has talent, skills and speed...did anyone see that jump he did in practice? wow he sure did elevate.

yea he really looks like the real deal, i would really like to see him and/or cason in black and gold. but both still have alot to prove.........cant wait till feb 23!!!!!!

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
yea he really looks like the real deal, i would really like to see him and/or cason in black and gold. but both still have alot to prove.........cant wait till feb 23!!!!!!

Cason, IMO if he runs a decent 40, he could shoot up boards as well. Supposedly he is the most polished CB out of the entire class, and has been very very productive. Speed is what really killing his stock.

The combine is where they will separate from who to who...can't wait either!

brianw37

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Cason, IMO if he runs a decent 40, he could shoot up boards as well. Supposedly he is the most polished CB out of the entire class, and has been very very productive. Speed is what really killing his stock.

The combine is where they will separate from who to who...can't wait either!

ik!!!! ive been sayin this alot, i think cason is gonna be great. if both he and drc light it up at the combine id lean toward cason. but only if he runs in the 4.3 range.

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
ik!!!! ive been sayin this alot, i think cason is gonna be great. if both he and drc light it up at the combine id lean toward cason. but only if he runs in the 4.3 range.

Would def go with Cason as well...but I heard he plays a Zone/Cover-2 as opposed to DRC playing man-to-man. I think that would be a problem then (Jason David for example).

I have a really really good feeling about Cromartie (I had a good feeling about Colston too, and him in all my mocks for the Saints). Also the Saints have scouted him so thats good news.

Just imagine DRC being drafted by us, actually plays up to his cousin's level...with Usama developing and becoming a solid CB...with MM (when healthy) and potentially a FA CB = salivating and CB corps built for years.

We will see.

brianw37

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Would def go with Cason as well...but I heard he plays a Zone/Cover-2 as opposed to DRC playing man-to-man. I think that would be a problem then (Jason David for example).

I have a really really good feeling about Cromartie (I had a good feeling about Colston too, and him in all my mocks for the Saints). Also the Saints have scouted him so thats good news.

Just imagine DRC being drafted by us, actually plays up to his cousin's level...with Usama developing and becoming a solid CB...with MM (when healthy) and potentially a FA CB = salivating and CB corps built for years.

We will see.

oh yea i have a good feeling about drc too, cason played mostly man to man in arizona...... im not sure where the zone stuff comes from.

DeuceMcAllisterFan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

brianw37

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

i totally agree but its just hard to ignore what drc has done this offseason.

im all for cason...im just hoping he times well enough to be worth a high pick for us.

StChadwick

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I had a good feeling about Colston too, and him in all my mocks for the Saints

Just curious, what round had you projected him and what part of his game surprises you the most from then to now?

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Just curious, what round had you projected him and what part of his game surprises you the most from then to now?

I had a couple of Mocks for the Saints (If we took Mario, or Reggie, or Hawk, or Vernon Davis all different scenarios)...but most of the time I had him pegged in the 5th-7th area.

That he is actually quicker then I thought.

NOLAnuffsaid

All-Pro
Reaction score
i believe we can get two impact CB's in this draft. Cromartie will fall to us at 10 and in the second round we can pick up another impact CB.

JMO on how bad our secondary is:covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom