Good Yahoo article on Patrick Queen (1 Viewer)

Dont get hyped.. if its one thing I've learned... no one is ever right about our pick lol.

I honestly don't think that he'll be there. But if he is there...I think that there is a very good chance that he'll be the best available on my big board. He has a little more upside and coverage abilities than Murray (who I also like quite a bit). I like him more than the CBs available in that same territory. I like the WRs who may be available, but with the depth of this draft, I think that it's prudent to just wait and draft a few from the mid-to-late rounds.

Great pick, but I won’t get my hopes up with the Raiders sitting at 19. They need LBs and Queen fits the Mike Mayock mold perfectly.

It sounds like Queen is the perfect fit for us and the majority of this board wants him. Just how far do we have to move up to get him? 14-17?

It sounds like Queen is the perfect fit for us and the majority of this board wants him. Just how far do we have to move up to get him? 14-17?

I have no interest in trading up for anyone in the first round not a QB. This is just too strong of a draft. We need those mid round picks...3rd-4th rounders in this draft would be 2nd-3rd rounders in most other drafts.

I have no interest in trading up for anyone in the first round not a QB. This is just too strong of a draft. We need those mid round picks...3rd-4th rounders in this draft would be 2nd-3rd rounders in most other drafts.

Yeah. I would only accept maybe Isaiah Simmons but he'd need to fall to like 10th overall before it even becomes something we can pursue...and I still think someone else would outbid us.

Dont get hyped.. if its one thing I've learned... no one is ever right about our pick lol.

I wish it was that easy but I don't remember being this hyped about a LSU prospect that fits our team perfectly and is projected in many mocks to be available for our pick.

I'm extremely hyped about alot of the LSU talent that could be available for us at 24, not just Queen but if he's off the board by then there's potentially Jefferson, Fulton or even Chaisson falling to us in some mocks that would be excellent picks at 24 and would anyone of them would fit a position need for us.
I also love Delpit but somehow his projections seem to have dropped to the 2nd round.

Agreed. We have more than 1 position of need. Absent a QB Sean loves is within string range, I say just wait and see what falls to us. Has to be a quality player there in this draft.

Im pulling for the guy. We are just so snake bit on drafting linebackers that I will personally feel a whole lot more comfy with Wideout or CB in the first.

We're snake bitten because we have only selected one LB in the 1st round since 1996, and it was Stephone Anthony who was a 2nd-3rd round prospect who literally nobody had as the #1 safety prospect of the class except the Saints.

Agreed. We have more than 1 position of need. Absent a QB Sean loves is within string range, I say just wait and see what falls to us. Has to be a quality player there in this draft.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading a pick next year to move up in the 2nd-4th round this year because I'd be willing to bet that this draft will be stronger than next year's draft. If anything we have too few of picks in this year's draft class.

We're snake bitten because we have only selected one LB in the 1st round since 1996, and it was Stephone Anthony who was a 2nd-3rd round prospect who literally nobody had as the #1 safety prospect of the class except the Saints.

that is valid. But could he have the same year one impact that one of the others could? We need a LB for sure but I don't like being locked in on a need. The flip side of course is that if we don't find another quality contributor or 2 in FA or cuts/waivers then we have a glaring hole much like WR last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom