Goodbye Dixie. Say Hello to... (1 Viewer)

Ya'll realize this totally ruins the Cajun 12 days of Christmas song... right?

Sick of the lack of creativity and thought behind some of the PC decision being made...

Could have re-named it to Deck Sea Beer... no one would have even noticed here.

Terrible.

Where do they currently get their Schweggman's bags for the song? Or their Manuel's Tamales?

Ya'll realize this totally ruins the Cajun 12 days of Christmas song... right?

Sick of the lack of creativity and thought behind some of the PC decisions being made...

Could have re-named it to Deck Sea Beer... no one would have even noticed here.

Terrible.
I don't see how changing one word would make that song any worse than it already is.

They should have dropped the brewery and changed to a winery. Faubourg Winery sounds right. Faubourg Brewery sounds... foreign.

It sounds very New Orleans. Very iconic name locally, but It could have some issues outside of New Orleans using that name.

But, none of it matters if they don't improve the beer, or at least, keep the old stuff but add new stuff that will sell in the modern beer market. Honestly, I'm not sure the new name will work for the old stuff they make, but if they start making some APAs, IPAs, Stouts, Porters, etc. the name might work well.

It sounds very New Orleans. Very iconic name locally, but It could have some issues outside of New Orleans using that name.

But, none of it matters if they don't improve the beer, or at least, keep the old stuff but add new stuff that will sell in the modern beer market. Honestly, I'm not sure the new name will work for the old stuff they make, but if they start making some APAs, IPAs, Stouts, Porters, etc. the name might work well.
According to their website they have an IPA and a stout in their "Voodoo" series.

Now, have I ever seen them on store shelves? Nope. Maybe, with the re-brand, they'll diversify what they distribute.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom