Goodbye homefield, MVP and even Super Bowl (2 Viewers)

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Just a complete choke job all around by Drew and the offense.

The defense did its part. But Brees lost this game (even though receivers did him no favors).

Too much was on the line to choke away a game like this. Just a terrible way to end any realistic shot at a special season.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
At this point we can forget home field. We would be better off if LA beats Chicago to at least help us keep the 2 seed.
After this Saints unexpected loss, this could really be a critical game in that regard. The Bears have a much easier schedule to finish the season and the playoff positioning can change quickly if we don't get back to our winning ways. This loss may hurt a lot more if Chicago pulls off the upset next weekend.

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

The defense did its part. But Brees lost this game (even though receivers did him no favors).

Too much was on the line to choke away a game like this. Just a terrible way to end any realistic shot at a special season.
Goodbye, Reason. Goodbye, Support for your team.

SoggyBottomBoy

I'm with you fellers.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ha! I have a wife and three awesome kids I’ll wake up and hug tomorrow. We’ll have an awesome weekend together.

But from a football perspective? This was awful.
Well, I guess it's better that you vent and spew this at us instead of the wife and kids. But, I am a little worried about the family dog. :D

la. champ1

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

Man get out of here with that foolishness. These guys have been on the grind ten weeks straight playing a gauntlet of good teams. Played three games in like 11 days. It’s hard to keep a streak going like we had. If it wasn’t Dallas it may have been Carolina. Guys are human and will eventually make mistakes. I’d rather take the L now and get refocused than take it later when we can’t recover from it. Every goal is still on the table. We have not clinched nor been eliminated from anything.

Last edited:

DHills

Veteran
Reaction score
This is a bit intense, BUT, when it was 4th and Goal from the 2, if #9 actually runs the read-option, that is a touchdown. He's got to start doing things outside of what he always does. There is TOOOO much film on him doing the same thing.. He's got to run it a few more times.

Brown

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I could care less about the mvp. Drew is entitled a bad game. We will be fine. That was the worst officiated game ever.

God I despise the evil maggot Goodell. That man can't leave this earth soon enough.
“Couldn’t” care less

JvilleJoe

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We can still get the #1 seed, but our margin for error is pretty much zero. When you look at LA and the potential @1 seed they have one December game in Chicago that you could hope will be a loss. Other than that I don't see them dropping one so we probably need to win out!

woohoosaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
After this Saints unexpected loss, this could really be a critical game in that regard. The Bears have a much easier schedule to finish the season and the playoff positioning can change quickly if we don't get back to our winning ways. This loss may hurt a lot more if Chicago pulls off the upset next weekend.
The Bears probably won't have Trubisky this weekend.
Chase Daniel more than likely will get the start, from the reports that I've seen.

Quiet Storm

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Such a dumb f***ing thread. I really can't believe people are like this after ONE loss. Grow a pair and put on ur big boy pants! It's one loss.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Chase Daniel more than likely will get the start, from the reports that I've seen.
I heard that too. But if they did manage to take down the Rams anyway, the Bears are in it to grab hold of one of those two top seeds. Of course that would also put the Saints back as the #1 seed at least for this week.

NEBaghead

Sir, a jelly doughnut, sir!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is what I've been saying. It's not like the Bears are world beaters. They have to play the Vikes, Packers and Rams. The packers might look bad, but they always play well against the Bears. If Trubisky isn't a 100%, they could easily lose all 3 of those games.

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I couldn't agree more. It's time to tank the rest of the season and play for a better draft pick. Maybe they can trade Davenport to the Packers and get that first round pick back for next year. Maybe they could send Brees and Kamara to the Raiders in a package deal for a first round pick as well..................as of right now the Raiders have 3 or 4 first round picks so they probably wouldn't mind parting with one of them.

One loss after a 10 game streak and the sky has hit you on the head really hard hasn't it??

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Dear lord in heaven this long week is gonna suuuuuuck. One game dude. Come off the ledge.
No, stay on the ledge, the OP is right, the Saints are the only team capable of laying an egg. The Rams and the Bears are going to win the rest of their games and so is the rest of the league because no one else has bad games.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We just won 10 straight and had to play two TNFs in a row.

Crap happens. I guarantee you the team isn't giving up sitting at 10-2.
Dallas was also back to back TNF.

We did not respond, they did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom