Goodbye homefield, MVP and even Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Just a complete choke job all around by Drew and the offense.

The defense did its part. But Brees lost this game (even though receivers did him no favors).

Too much was on the line to choke away a game like this. Just a terrible way to end any realistic shot at a special season.

OP
OP

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
No, it doesn't. We are still division leaders, have the #2 seed, and will be in the playoffs. Reason suggests the opposite.
9 out of the last 10 SB participants have been 1-seeds. We are a much different (worse) offense away from home, as are the Rams.

So I believe reason would suggest losing HFA drastically hurts our chances. And last night drastically hurt our chances to get HFA.

nolascratch

Scratch of the Wolves
Reaction score
Last 10 NFC #1 Seeds

2017 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES Won Super Bowl LII
2016 Dallas Cowboys Lost Divisional Playoff Game
2015 Carolina Panthers Lost Super Bowl 50
2014 Seattle Seahawks Lost Super Bowl XLIX
2013 Seattle Seahawks Won Super Bowl XLVIII
2012 Atlanta Falcons Lost Championship Game
2011 Green Bay Packers Lost Divisional Playoff Game
2010 Atlanta Falcons Lost Divisional Playoff Game
2009 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS Won Super Bowl XLIV
2008 New York Giants Lost Divisional Playoff Game

Reaction score

The defense did its part. But Brees lost this game (even though receivers did him no favors).

Too much was on the line to choke away a game like this. Just a terrible way to end any realistic shot at a special season.

You sir are not a Saint fan........go back to your hole in Atlanta or Dallas...don't need you here!

dooce

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
And I guess Dallas is going to the super bowl too?? We needed this game to happen, all that media love got us all drunk on ourselves.

BiloxiSaint1

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
True, but Dallas does this every season. They're used to it. Not to mention both of their Thursday games were at home. If the Saints had last night's game at home, I have no doubt the outcome would have been different.

That said, this was a fluke performance by the offense, it happens. They'll be fine.
Yep. The only way we see Dallas again is in the Dome. I like our chances.
I agree. If we end up with the #2 seed and play Dallas again, the most like scenario would be because Dallas had gone to LA in the Divional Round and knocked the Rams out. So we'd have the NFCCG in the Dome.

Reaction score

Quit overreacting. Brees is the MVP easily. Mahomes had how many turnovers in that Rams game! Rams will not win out and the Saints have the advantage cause we beat them. Chill out..

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
9 out of the last 10 SB participants have been 1-seeds. We are a much different (worse) offense away from home, as are the Rams.

So I believe reason would suggest losing HFA drastically hurts our chances. And last night drastically hurt our chances to get HFA.
Yes, it hurt our chances. We all would have preferred to win. Nobody is really disputing these things. But that doesn't mean that there isn't some REALLY over the top negativity going on here. We shouldn't cancel the season because we didn't go 15-1 (or 16-0).

The path is harder without home field throughout, but it isn't impossible. It's also not 100% that we won't end up with home field anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom