Goodbye to Wife, Husband, and Spouse? (1 Viewer)

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This month I have come across two news articles where they refer to a persons spouse or heterosexual girlfriend as ones partner. Is this the next wave of the barrage we are going to see from the gay marriage agenda pundits?

Whats wrong with partner? Are you sure they were married?

I'm a gay marriage agenda supporter, but I will continue to refer to my "partner" as my wife. Then again, I don't refer to blacks as African Americans, and I don't always use the term gay, cause I rather favor homosexual. I don't oppose people using those terms, but don't feel compelled to do so myself. I figure there will be some people that will use partner, and I won't object if they do that. I think it'll become a subtle way of revealing one's sexual preference, so probably only homosexuals will use it.

It seems to me you are really reaching at something. You call them gay marriage agenda pundits, I call them civil rights activists.

This month I have come across two news articles where they refer to a persons spouse or heterosexual girlfriend as ones partner. Is this the next wave of the barrage we are going to see from the gay marriage agenda pundits?

Is there something inaccurate about referring to your spouse or boy/girlfriend as a partner?

Or do you subscribe to the old school view that a woman must submit to her husband and not be partners in the relationship?

Is there something in accurate about referring to your spouse or boy/girlfriend as a partner?

Or do you subscribe to the old school view that a woman must submit to her husband and not be partners in the relationship?

dont mind me....ill just be right over here....watching all this go down.

:run:

If you don't like it then quit fighting gay marriage and they would be called spouse, husband or wife.

'Partner' has always been commonly used in the U.K. and it's daughter states such as here in Australia.

I must admit it sounded a bit weird to my ears at first, for me my 'partner' was my friend or 'homeboy' (lol). But now I use it on occasion without even thinking.

'Mate' also sounded very strange to my ears at first. Back in the US that meant your spouse, etc. Here that's a term for a friend or even just a friendly term (saying 'Hey mate, how ya going?' to a stranger isn't uncommon).

So, relax, it's not an evil conspiracy by godless communists.

Just lingo jumping borders.

I once had a 70+ year old Australian woman say to me she loves her 'bling bling'.
I about fell over. :)

Links?

I don't think I have ever seen that.

Life must be stressful when you freak out about every small cultural change. And I wouldn't even call this a cultural change, just a personal choice some people make. The terms wife, husband, etc. are still very much in use. I wonder if people were equally as distressed when the word "paramour" started to fall out of fashion.

Seriously, it's so weird how some people just assume that mid-20th century America is the cultural baseline for all history prior to that point and that every change since then represents a degradation of cultural mores that go back thousands of years. Obviously that is in no way true, but so many people seem to steadfastly believe it.

Also, if the gays were half as powerful as some people seem to think they are, they would be our supreme overlords and rule from a golden fortress in the sky. And honestly, that'd probably be preferable to this ****** world where we get threads like this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom