Goodell 2011 Salary: $29.49 Million (1 Viewer)

I personally think it's disgusting how much he makes, but it's probably in line with other CEOs. Ultimately it comes down to the fact the the owners feel that he's worth that much cheese. Face it, he's only around to make the owners money.... Not to make friends.

Here's what this pompous liar had to say regarding the referees not wanting to give up their defined benefit pension:

"From the owners' standpoint, right now they're funding a pension program that is a defined benefit program," said Goodell, who was in Washington on Wednesday attending a luncheon hosted by Politico's Playbook. "About ten percent of the country has that. Yours truly doesn't have that. It's something that doesn't really exist anymore and that I think is going away steadily."

Yours truly doesn't have it. Boo hoo. I guess he has to tighten his belt and save some of that 29 million he's going to steal, er make, this year so he can retire one day. He really is just like one of us.

BTW here's a link to the article this quote came from: Roger Goodell's NFL Referee Lockout Demands - Roger Goodell and the 1 Percent's War on Pensions - Esquire

Thanks for the correction and the link. For some reason, I was sure it was just based on the TV contracts because that's steady money, but as noted, I was mistaken.

:9:

No, the big deal about the TV contract is that it's going to be a lot more money next year, so it was supposed to bump up the cap significantly. However, they borrowed against it to keep the cap flat last year and this year and it won't all show up in 2014. They are staggering in the new TV money so the Cap won't see a decent increase until 2015 and 2016. It will be about 10M more by 2016.

When the lockout ended, Roger Goodell was overheard on video yelling, "Give me my money!"

Roger has denied that was his voice in the video

I dunno. Without him u wouldn't have that priceless picture.

Would gladly have given up that picture to have our team and staff in place last year......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I thought he was reportedly making about $15M on his way to $20M.

Once again, the dirty uberfraud is loose with the numbers.

His base salary was $1 million, but he was given a $10,000 bonus every time he uttered the word "bounty" to the media. That bumped it up to $29.4 million. :mwink:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom