goodell [could be] called before judiciary committe (spygate) {merged} (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Goodell will be called before senate judiciary committe to explain why the nfl destroyed evidence related to pats spying incident. ijust saw this on the espn crawl.

You are telling me this is the crap that congress worries about and we have bigger issues than some tapes regarding football games?

congress needs to get their heads on straight. the NFL is a private business and can do what they want and discipline people the way they want. Unless they become a congress sponsored entity then shut up and worry about bigger issues with the government and stop wasting tax payers time and money on something I see as trivial.

That's like a high school principal getting involved in what grass seed is spread on the practice fields, just plain dumb!

Last edited:
They have nothing better to do? I hope there are not Louisiana senators

waisting time with this, I am probably not voting for them if there are.

Nothing else of dire national interest is going on, so why not actually earn their money in a truly important issue of the day? This will be bigger than that abortion chick ruling.

For those that can't read my obviousness.

/sarcasm

Last edited:
Because they don't know what to do with the Housing market, Mortgage companies, the War, Immigration, Katrina Recovery, etc. ........you know, the other stuff. Giving Goodell a hard time about how he handled the Patriots cheatings is way more important.

Because they don't know what to do with the Housing market, Mortgage companies, the War, Immigration, Katrina Recovery, etc. ........you know, the other stuff. Giving Goodell a hard time about how he handled the Patriots cheatings is way more important.

I thought steroids in MLB were more important then all those?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3225539

I can kind of understand them getting involved w/ steroids in baseball, but this one blows my mind.

Arlen Spector is an Eagles fan. Like most Philly fans he is extremely petty. The NFL did not break the law and nothing will come out of this. You don't go 18-0 just by filming defensive hand signals. The Pats, as much as I'm not a fan, are a football juggernaut. Spector and Eagles fans need to concentrate on their own head coaches problems instead of worrying about Belicheck.

Like everything else (health care, etc.) the government thinks it can do a better job of running things than private industry. What else is new.

well ok, I'll play devil's advocate. In a way, the NFL IS sponsored by congress because of the Anti trust exemption allowed the NFL by congress. Granted it seems petty, but it isn't like the NFL is a typical "private business", they are allowed to run a "monopoly" in a country where monopolies are not allowed. With that said, it does seem like they (congress) have better things to spend their time on.

well ok, I'll play devil's advocate. In a way, the NFL IS sponsored by congress because of the Anti trust exemption allowed the NFL by congress. Granted it seems petty, but it isn't like the NFL is a typical "private business", they are allowed to run a "monopoly" in a country where monopolies are not allowed. With that said, it does seem like they (congress) have better things to spend their time on.

It's not a monopoly, the USFL, the XFL and for those old coots like me, The WFL. The NFL just was first and put on a better product.

I do agree that there are a lot more important things for Congress to worry about than sports.

Maybe they can shut down the NFL. Isn't that what Americans want?

Same reason they're invovled with the whole steroid issue in baseball... no reason at all...

Congress is involved in the steroids issue b/c of this nations youth. They see men who have abused their bodies for huge amounts of fame and riches, and a clear message needs to be sent to dissuade middle and high school athletes from taking these same shortcuts. Also... these "interferences" by Congress into baseball only continue when the cheaters lie under oath in federal trials. Congress is forced to pursue prosecution in these instances if for no other reason than to protect the sanctity of the trial process that these men think thgey are "above".

But the Goodell thing seems like a reach... steroids are illegal, filming another teams signals is not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom