Goodell has the authority to make it right if he wanted to, but that’s not gonna happen (1 Viewer)

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
Consider Rule 17, Section 2, Article 1: “The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which the Commissioner deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game.”

Consider Rule 17, Section 2, Article 3: “The Commissioner’s powers under this Section 2 include . . . the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ke-action-over-rams-saints-outcome-in-theory/

Let’s play the game again tomorrow!! ??

Consider Rule 17, Section 2, Article 1: “The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which the Commissioner deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game.”

Consider Rule 17, Section 2, Article 3: “The Commissioner’s powers under this Section 2 include . . . the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ke-action-over-rams-saints-outcome-in-theory/

Let’s play the game again tomorrow!! ??
Why? So they can screw us again?

People from all over the country are outraged. My friend in Dallas, who lives/ breathes Cowboys, was outraged.

They should replay the final two minutes

the rule is there to protect the Rams as well. They will be accused up and down of not earning their spot. Not their fault the call wasn’t made. This would be their chance to silence that.

And hey if the NFL wants press and controversy this would go down in history.

But yeah, won’t happen.

Some powers are never meant to be used.

I wouldn't advocate doing so, even in this instance. Doing so would set a dangerous and irreversible precedent. Every game from then on would be subject to teams wanting the results reversed. No game would ever truly be over.

except most of them are transplants and don't care about the Rams.
Except the market is so much bigger than ours that even though they care at like one-sixth of the rate that we do, LA still results in twice as many viewers for the NFL than us. That's the problem. And I'll go to my grave believing that is why we lost today.

People from all over the country are outraged. My friend in Dallas, who lives/ breathes Cowboys, was outraged.

I don’t blame him. I found myself asking “what if that happened to the Falcons?”
I’d still be disgusted. This was that egregious.

I could be accused of having a fool’s hope right now.

Either way, profootballtalk.com has earned my respect and allegiance. They are doing their job.

I don’t blame him. I found myself asking “what if that happened to the Falcons?”
I’d still be disgusted. This was that egregious.
I would acknowledge that the Falcons got robbed while simultaneously enjoying their misery. Like an adult.

Our team seems like they have too much integrity to even win in that manner, although I’d obviously be down to get the ball 1st and 10 from the 20 with 1:49 left and they only have 1 timeout.

Let’s replay it this week, and then next year be allowed to challenge penalties

I don’t like that that rule exists. The possibility for legal shenanigans by Roger is too much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom