Goodell: League Was Wrong On Player Protests (1 Viewer)

How about this as a solution to the National Anthem situation. After the players are introduced to the fans, the teams line up on their sidelines where an announcer says something to the effect, lets stand and take a moment of silence to think about how we all as Americans can be better to improve race relations in our neighborhood and country and respect each other in our daily lives. Then the announcer says, please remain standing for our national anthem.

I believe this may solve the issue. The players, coaches and whoever wanting to kneel to bring race relations to the forefront, get a moment before each game this year. Then if anyone kneels during the anthem, then for those persons, kneeling is about the flag, which society was told it was not about the flag.

Just trying to come up with a solution where fans are not turned off to sports. But that may be too late for some fans.

Many of you have already read my sentiments about this on another thread. I decided to go ahead and address the issue with a YouTube video to make a more pointed focus.

That's where the disconnect is. The idea that doing anything other than what the accepted gesture is during a ceremony is 'disrespecting' a flag is to me, outrageous.

First, we shouldn't make the mistake of assuming people who don't do the same things we do during any ceremony are trying to disrespect it. It's not like anyone is screaming expletives or even making any noise to interrupt the anthem. They're making a stand and being completely silent. It's up to those looking around to spot differences in physical gesture to bring up the discrepancies.

You have your opinion on what the anthem and flag mean to you and I and others have ours. I think as long as we are open to understanding that it isn't just this binary idea of respect/disrespect, we can better understand one another.

Honestly, do you think was this a rational reply to a comment about the NFL horrible call in the 2019 NFCCG and Bountygate? It was a funny comment. But we can't ever miss an opportunity to lecture now can we?

In the context of this discussion, @Tapxe has a point, in that many people care more about injustice in sports than injustice against an entire demographic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom