Goodell/Refs N/S (1 Viewer)

Refs kept their flags in their pockets all game, and it was actually enjoyable to watch. Both teams got favorable no-calls. Ramsey grabbed a jersey early - no call. The long TD - no call. I don't remember a single offensive holding call until the last minute, and even then, it was offsetting penalties. NOT ONE SINGLE HOLD ALL GAME!!!

But with the game on the line, the Rams get bailed out by a no-hold defensive holding call. Yeah, I've seen this script before and am not falling for it again.

Refs suck but the Bengals D allowed Kupp to smoke them on that final drive. How do you let their best player on offense beat you when you KNOW where the ball is going? They should have brought the house and hope Trey Trey eats Stafford up.

Pretty certain you are missing the point entirely. How about the Ramsey jersey pull in the end zone that likely negated a touchdown? The point is the refs didn't call those penalties all game long until the game was on the line and the Rams needed a touchdown. Then suddenly its flag city.
All these are true, but when it comes down to it, Bangals offense had numerous opportunities to put the Rams away and didn't.

I would agree, but then you also have to take into account the no call that went for a TD.

Yeah, the ending stunk, but the refs were incompetent from the jump. Goodell probably didn’t even have to pay them.

This. That was payback. That touchdown should have been called back on a VERY blatant facemask. This was payback calls. If the Bengals won by anything less than 2 TD's....everyone would be talking about that no call today.

All these are true, but when it comes down to it, Bangals offense had numerous opportunities to put the Rams away and didn't.
No doubt. Ultimately, their porous offensive line and Eli Apple cost them that game. It's just very, very disappointing to see such an obviously bad call come at such a pivotal moment in a game and it happens far too often. So much so that we've come to expect it, which is the saddest part.

The thing is, some sort of penalty could probably be called on every single play but it is up to the refs as to what type of game they want to call. Again, it comes down to consistency. If you are going to let them play for the first 3 quarters...then why all of the sudden are you going to have a flag fest? The only reason I can think of is that the Rams were down near the goal line and the outcome could be then manipulated at that point.

If you want to be a cheerleader for the league then be my guest. I doubt you'll get much support here.

This is a pretty immature statement. Someone having a difference of opinion doesn't equate to 'cheerleader for the league'. Hopefully you know this.

Again, I am not insinuating anything. I'm saying the league has a real problem with inconsistent officiating and it seems to rear it's ugly head at some of the worst possible times. But don't take my word for it. Go to pretty much every other football forum and/or social media platform and read the comments when that play happened. I know exactly what you'll find because I'm a member of a few other boards that have nothing to do with the Saints and the general feeling is pretty much the same as it is here. The optics are bad, there's no way around that and if they don't shelve their arrogance and start really trying to fix the issue then they are going to start losing more fans than just the Saints. Because, whether there's any truth to the NFL influencing outcomes or not, fans will begin souring on the product more & more.

You're saying officiating that doesn't end in the way fans want creates an uproar? I'm completely in agreement that there have been some blown calls in big games. But they're just that -- blown calls. I don't care about fans that create theories behind results that don't form consistent evidence.

Bring forth evidence beyond "other fanbases are P'Oed too". I'm serious. Please don't respond if you're just going to say "BUT ITS OBVIOUS" without a well-defined example.

As for favorable outcomes, do you really not understand how building a stronger Los Angeles fanbase would be favorable to the league? Think about this: what was the first thing nearly 100% of Saints fans did after we won the Superbowl? I know I went and stood in line at 11:00 at night to buy a championship hat. But we're a small market, LA is the largest market in the NFL right now and it's fanbase is among the wealthiest. They win a Superbowl and you start building a generational fanbase, just like we did here in New Orleans, only their market is multitudes larger than ours. That is a hugely favorable outcome for the league.

Do YOU really not understand that the "building a stronger LA fanbase" has no connection to the refs last night?

That's what I want you to do -- show me the connection where the refs had any underground incentive to help LA win and how their calls last night were instrumental in doing that for them.

I don't need 3 paragraphs without play-by-play evidence. Without credible sources of info of refs being incentivized to help LA win this game.

Of course the NFL wants to build a strong LA fanbase. It wants to build ANY fanbase that much stronger.

Please address the points I've asked you.

McVay is trash and so is Donald. Cooper Kupp is overrated.

I'm no McVay fan but Aaron Donald and Kupp are the best 2 players at their position in the NFL, there is absolutely no denying that....And I hate the Rams with a fiery passion, I also believe the game was manipulated to give the NFL the outcome they wanted....how many times do folks have to see it to believe it?

I would agree, but then you also have to take into account the no call that went for a TD.

Yeah, the ending stunk, but the refs were incompetent from the jump. Goodell probably didn’t even have to pay them.
They MISSED that no call on Cincy TD. They consciously DECIDED to CHEAT to secure the Ram's victory. And I, for one, do not see paranoia in my daily bowl of cereal. But we know what's up at the end. And who are the clowns who downvote what we saw with our own eyes.

I'm no McVay fan but Aaron Donald and Kupp are the best 2 players at their position in the NFL, there is absolutely no denying that....And I hate the Rams with a fiery passion, I also believe the game was manipulated to give the NFL the outcome they wanted....how many times do folks have to see it to believe it?

Can we narrow down the entire game to the final drive? It seems most here can agree that was the most pivotal and when the 'ref favorable calls to help LA win' started kicking in.

Without the calls, are the Bengals stopping the Rams? Are they stopping Cooper Kupp?

I think we both know the answer to the above two questions is a resounding "NO".

Bengals couldn't stop Cooper Kupp on a receiver END AROUND..he ALMOST got caught which would have likely ended the game. Refs fault? No. Bengals fault.

You're basing the game on 2 penalties in Bengals territory and people here are insinuating the refs were 'urged' to help the Rams get those calls. Only one was questionable. The other was blatant.

Give me a break. This isn't evidence, it's called confirmation bias.

Was the no call OPI on Higgins 75 yd score part of NFL’s plans as well?
Yeah. When Ramsey was allowed to get away with an obvious DPI in the end zone that could’ve put 7 on the board.

And let’s not kid ourselves about the timing of calls impacting games. No calls and flags suck, but especially when they are or aren’t called in the final two minutes of a game. You can’t let them play loose for 50 minutes then decide to toss flags for breathing on a receiver. If you call it tight, then do so ALL GAME. That’s the issue.

Yeah. When Ramsey was allowed to get away with an obvious DPI in the end zone that could’ve put 7 on the board.

It wasn't part of any plan. If they let them play, that makes sense. But it wasn't anything planned.

And let’s not kid ourselves about the timing of calls impacting games. No calls and flags suck, but especially when they are or aren’t called in the final two minutes of a game. You can’t let them play loose for 50 minutes then decide to toss flags for breathing on a receiver. If you call it tight, then do so ALL GAME. That’s the issue.

I'm fine with this. But I actually appreciate the attention to detail on the calls late in a game. The problem is refs are human and can sometimes make some bad calls as well as bad no calls (Saints - Rams). I'm 1000% on board with reviewable PI within final minutes of a game. But it only would've helped the Bengals briefly - if at all..as Stafford and Cupp were rolling and they could've easily kicked a FG.

This is a pretty immature statement. Someone having a difference of opinion doesn't equate to 'cheerleader for the league'. Hopefully you know this.
I wouldn't call accusing everyone who disagrees with you of being a conspiracy theorist very mature either, but to each his own.

Perhaps if you took the time to read my other posts in this thread, like the one saying that it was the Bengals' offensive line & Eli Apple's poor play that cost them the game, you'd see things differently. But I doubt it since I keep telling you that my issue is with ref consistency and the perception it gives yet you still insist on pinning me as a conspiracy theorist.

You're saying officiating that doesn't end in the way fans want creates an uproar? I'm completely in agreement that there have been some blown calls in big games. But they're just that -- blown calls. I don't care about fans that create theories behind results that don't form consistent evidence.

That's not what I said at all & you know that's not what I said. Not very mature.

Bring forth evidence beyond "other fanbases are P'Oed too". I'm serious. Please don't respond if you're just going to say "BUT ITS OBVIOUS" without a well-defined example.

Move the goalpost and send me on an errand to gather "evidence" that I'm not even trying to argue? Not very mature.

Do YOU really not understand that the "building a stronger LA fanbase" has no connection to the refs last night?

That's what I want you to do -- show me the connection where the refs had any underground incentive to help LA win and how their calls last night were instrumental in doing that for them.

The refs work for the NFL, but again, you're trying to pin me into an argument I'm not trying to make. Again, I said the PERCEPTION it gives. I never said anything about a belief in any kind of conspiracy. Not very mature.

I don't need 3 paragraphs without play-by-play evidence. Without credible sources of info of refs being incentivized to help LA win this game.

Sorry, I don't hunt snipe.

Please address the points I've asked you.

I've addressed your points time & again. Don't bother addressing mine unless you want more immature responses. I'm going to go play alone with my toys now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom