Goodell,s press conference (if you can call it that) Mod edit... (2 Viewers)

I'm not in the coaching culture, but it seems the issue of hiring minorities starts well before the NFL level. It isn't a racism issue, IMO. People want to win and make money, regardless of skin color. Starting in the high school ranks and even lower, are minorities seeking out grooming to enter the field of coaching? Are those skills being developed earlier in careers to enable being in the right place for college and NFL jobs? I think for whatever reason there is likely a smaller pool of qualified minority individuals who are in the right coaching circles to be considered for these jobs. Those relationships happen decades in advance of the NFL. The Rooney rule will never have its desired effect because of this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I don't think I can agree with this. There is plenty of equality at the assistant level. I think the disparity, and it seems like the league has this identified also, comes from a lack of minority coaches being hired as coordinators. I think the Rooney rule, at the coordinator level, will have a much more dramatic affect than it has at the H.C. level. And in turn, in this offensive league, you'll see a lot more minority coaches get to the point where they're "on deck" for head coaching jobs, especially if they get more minority coordinators hired on the offensive side of the ball.

Other than Lovie Smith and Ray Horton, there was really a lack of minorities "on deck" for jobs this particular offseason.

Pure BS. Call it like it is - the Rooney Rule is pure discrimination. How many white players were forced into a position because of their color? Did the NFL have to try out a certain amount of white players for the defensive line? The owners should have every right to hire whom they think is the most qualified for the position regardless of color.

Teams make their player decisions purely on skill level. I can't agree with this argument.

And I never said that the owners shouldn't have every right to hire whomever they want.

Goodell can't say that he docked the Saints' pick because of Vilma's defamation suit, Vit's testimony, Brees' strong words against him, etc. So he has to play obtuse and tapdance around the question.

Goodell can't say that he docked the Saints' pick because of Vilma's defamation suit, Vit's testimony, Brees' strong words against him, etc. So he has to play obtuse and tapdance around the question.

we got lied to again

So basically, Goodell just told us that there's no reason to respect his presence in New Orleans

I hate this idiot more than ever. But what I don't understand is how Benson just takes it lying down? Is he that much of a coward? How do you let someone trample on your prized possession and continue to let him trample without standing up for yourself? If nothing else, Benson owes it to the fans to say something publicly. I just don't understand his silence.

I have been waiting for them to mention that roger left open the possibIlity of getting our 2nd rounder back, and for them to ask WHAT DID WE DO TO CLOSE THAT AS A POSSIBILITY? finally Rich Eisen asked

the answer was , the possibility was there if we got a very low 2nd rounder we might get it back. but 15 wasn't low enough

thus proving beyond a doubt that he has a vendetta against the Saints.

Son, you're forgetting yourself.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 3

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom