Goodell,s press conference (if you can call it that) Mod edit... (1 Viewer)

DB has more balls than the mayor, HC, and owner put together. At least he's man enough to be out front with it and call bs what it is. The truth should always prevail over "being professional" in my opinion. He obviously has a lot to lose by being so out front with his statements, but that's what tells me he loves this city so much. He puts it ALL on the line for us.

its stacked questions. He had a list of reporters to start off with.
it's not that it's stacked media (pro-Goodell plants)... it's national media and most people outside of NOLA or Saints fans in general no longer give two fecal movements about bountygate (though I see commish heavy-hand said he's going to get even more heavy-handed when it comes to player safety... which they tried to sell bountygate as being about)

most of the nation has moved on... the question will any NOLA journalists push the issue

Jeff Duncan will be posting an article shortly on how this was the greatest presser he has heard. I bet

Did y'all see Christian Garrick picking his nose....?

The Rooney Rule is a great rule, but how are you going to tell an owner who he can and cannot hire? It's his money invested in the team and, hopefully, he will pick the right man for the job and not base his decision on skin color.

I honestly would LOVE to see more minorities as Head Coaches, FWIW, but I just don't like how some people react to the situation.

I don't think anyone feels an owner should be made to hire someone they don't want to hire. The frustration, as I see it, is the fact that 15 jobs opened up this year (HC and GM) and not one minority was deemed qualified enough for one of those positions. On the surface, that's a bit hard to believe.

The fact that a guy like Lovie Smith went unhired or did not garner significant interest is insane to me.

There has not been a single non-inhouse minority head coaching hire since 2007 in Mike Tomlin, who was not coincidentally hired by the man/family who made the Rooney Rule.

I agree, owners should hire whoever they want. But this isn't something that we should turn a blind eye to just because "it's 2013." Many of the owners out there doing the hiring don't quite operate subconciously as if "it's 2013." To put it in simple terms, there are a lot of old white men that grew up at a different time doing the hiring. They may not be blatant "racists," but subconciously, they may feel more comfortable having a traditional, white coach.

Sorry for the threadjack.

rooney

The Rooney Rule is a great rule, but how are you going to tell an owner who he can and cannot hire? It's his money invested in the team and, hopefully, he will pick the right man for the job and not base his decision on skin color.

I honestly would LOVE to see more minorities as Head Coaches, FWIW, but I just don't like how some people react to the situation.

The Rooney rule does not require anyone to hire a minority. It requires that the team interview at least one minority or pay a fine for not doing so.

"Blah blah blah... No doubt there was a bounty for three years...blah blah blah."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom