Goodell tells teams not to discuss hypothetical issues (1 Viewer)

Makes absolute sense. In any organization if the top hasn't decided on/isn't ready to release a policy decision they certainly don't want the lower levels feeding the public information that may end up being the opposite of what they actually end up doing.

And how pray tell is the ol commish going to prevent rumors (speculative content), from being spread? Like where did it originate? Who said what? He has no clue on how he will not be able to control the speculation. For one, the talking head sports reporters will be out in force making comments like; “A well informed NFL team insider told me just this week, blah blah blah”. It will be a made up story by the reporter, just for the ratings. How is Goodell going to handle that?

And how pray tell is the ol commish going to prevent rumors (speculative content), from being spread? Like where did it originate? Who said what? He has no clue on how he will not be able to control the speculation. For one, the talking head sports reporters will be out in force making comments like; “A well informed NFL team insider told me just this week, blah blah blah”. It will be a made up story by the reporter, just for the ratings. How is Goodell going to handle that?
I think this has more to do with non sports news sources looking at the League’s actions more closely this offseason.

Last I checked in, Roger considers that "evidence". FWIW...

Makes absolute sense. In any organization if the top hasn't decided on/isn't ready to release a policy decision they certainly don't want the lower levels feeding the public information that may end up being the opposite of what they actually end up doing.

exactly. There is so much money at stake and they are going to try and keep getting as much of it as possible. So they want a united front that says it is the absolute best decision (no matter what it is) Oh and drink Pepsi lol

Agree. But, still the guy nauseates me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom