Goodell's bio (Wikipedia) makes no reference whatsoever to RefGate, and... (1 Viewer)

In the Man's own words...

"Bountygate
Further information: New Orleans Saints bounty scandal
In March 2012, Goodell revealed evidence that players and coaches on the New Orleans Saints had instituted a bounty program in which Saints defensive players were paid bonuses for deliberately knocking opposing players out of games. Then-defensive coordinator Gregg Williams administered the program, and as many as 27 Saints defensive players were involved. Later that month, Goodell handed down some of the harshest penalties in NFL history. He suspended Williams, who had left to become defensive coordinator of the St. Louis Rams, indefinitely (Williams would later be reinstated at the start of the 2013 season). Goodell also suspended head coach Sean Payton for the entire 2012 season, general manager Mickey Loomis for eight games and assistant head coach Joe Vitt for six games. Additionally, the Saints themselves were fined a league maximum $500,000 and had to forfeit their second round draft picks in 2012 and 2013.[37] Goodell was particularly upset that those involved in the program lied about it during two separate league investigations of the program. Sanctions for players were not handed down at the time, and Goodell stated he would refrain from penalizing players until the NFLPA completed its investigation of the affair.[38]"

Wikipedia is a farce sometimes. You can edit the page, but if somebody with more editorial clout has an agenda, they can change it back and ban you from editing it again. I edited some of the "bounty" material on Wikipedia a few years back and somebody changed it back and I was locked out of making future edits. I even was meticulous about citing sources. If you source cite every sentence you have a better chance, but most likely his page in controlled by the NFL and you can't make edits that stick. You would have a better chance on a "bounty" specific entry, but even then, if a Vikings fan has more "Wiki Clout" than you do, no dice.

Just try to put this article in any "bounty" related Wikipage and see how long it stays up:

http://www.aei.org/publication/the-saints-aint-sinners/

It won't be long.

Last edited:
In the Man's own words...

"Bountygate
Further information: New Orleans Saints bounty scandal
In March 2012, Goodell revealed evidence that players and coaches on the New Orleans Saints had instituted a bounty program in which Saints defensive players were paid bonuses for deliberately knocking opposing players out of games. Then-defensive coordinator Gregg Williams administered the program, and as many as 27 Saints defensive players were involved. Later that month, Goodell handed down some of the harshest penalties in NFL history. He suspended Williams, who had left to become defensive coordinator of the St. Louis Rams, indefinitely (Williams would later be reinstated at the start of the 2013 season). Goodell also suspended head coach Sean Payton for the entire 2012 season, general manager Mickey Loomis for eight games and assistant head coach Joe Vitt for six games. Additionally, the Saints themselves were fined a league maximum $500,000 and had to forfeit their second round draft picks in 2012 and 2013.[37] Goodell was particularly upset that those involved in the program lied about it during two separate league investigations of the program. Sanctions for players were not handed down at the time, and Goodell stated he would refrain from penalizing players until the NFLPA completed its investigation of the affair.[38]"

Not sure what you're getting at here.

I didn't say that there was no mention of BountyGate... I commented that there was no mention of RefGate, and that their account of BountyGate was bogus.

:gosaints:

No surprise about RefGate. The commissioner did NOTHING about it, so there's really nothing to write about.

Not sure what you're getting at here.

I didn't say that there was no mention of BountyGate... I commented that there was no mention of RefGate, and that their account of BountyGate was bogus.

Just providing the Bounty-bit so folks don't have to get dirty reading through his junk.

Vilma, Hargrove, (the late) Will Smith, and others were wrongfully smeared, and Coach Payton was put in exile for that 2012 season fiasco.

No need to go there about RefGate! :mad: The remarks by Goodell after that robbery are about equal to the comments in his Wiki bio: NOTHING!

Hoping that the Saints come back with a vengeance this season, and that we kick some serious arse on the way to our second Lombardi.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom